Game-Labs Forum

Repeated Trojan report using Ultimate Admiral:AoS

skg02

My anti-virus protection keeps giving me out bound trojan reports running UA: Age of Sail and UA: Dreadnaughts - the file in question is the user data file associated with respective games. 

Anybody else run into this?

What website do you exclude from the trojan warnings or just ignored?

3 hours ago, skg02 said:

My anti-virus protection keeps giving me out bound trojan reports running UA: Age of Sail and UA: Dreadnaughts - the file in question is the user data file associated with respective games. 

Anybody else run into this?

What website do you exclude from the trojan warnings or just ignored?

Have you scanned installer files once they downloaded? There should not be any viruses in the installation files, the problem must be related to your system or antivirus settings

Make sure to run full scan to check the whole system

I have real time protection on downloads. Just ran a full scan of my system doesn't turn up anything. It looks like tonight at least there's a inbound and an outbound trojan, 1 each. 

Is there a handshake that's made from/to your server when you start the games at some point, that an anti-virus program might see as a trojan?

Also, if there is a hand shake - I have to log on to play, can't play off-line - then what is the website address to exclude/white list?

Just ran a specific scan on the installers and the main files folders for Age of Sail and Dreadnaughts - nothing gets identified.

9 hours ago, sterner said:

Launcher communicates with Xsolla server. UA:AoS game communicates with Founders' server, checks your version and if you have Admiral Edition provides you an option to fill your officer roster.

I have the Commodore version of Age of Sail and Limited Edition of Dreadnaughts. I think my anti-virus doesn't recognize the handshakes the way it recognizes and has no problems with playing on Steam. Its activity it seems, not real viruses. 

Again just need to know specific websites to exclude.