Game-Labs Forum

only one gun firing

Mooncatt

hi guys, fair seas to you all and a very merry Christmas!

ive noticed this weird thing happening on the odd occasion. firstly im sailing in a straight line, all guns are locked on and ready to fire. but, it seems on the odd occasion only 1 gun fires. the range finding has already been completed. ill get a full salvo off maybe once or twice, then all of a sudden on the next shot only one of my guns will fire. ive then got to wait for the reload all over again. am I missing something?

thanks for the reply Nick, but the issue doesn't seem to be a gun rotation problem. the guns are lined up, this is a random occurance. ill fire a full salvo 8 times out of 10, but every so often only 1 or 2 guns will fire, even though im on the exact same course as I have been for the last half hour while targeting the same ship, so gun rotation bugs are not the issue here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mooncatt said:

thanks for the reply Nick, but the issue doesn't seem to be a gun rotation problem. the guns are lined up, this is a random occurance. ill fire a full salvo 8 times out of 10, but every so often only 1 or 2 guns will fire, even though im on the exact same course as I have been for the last half hour while targeting the same ship, so gun rotation bugs are not the issue here.

Encountered same, with a consistent alteration between all turrets firing, then only one turret firing through several salvos.  Reported in game.

I had that on a dreadnought iv hull, not obstructed, same angle of fire for several volleys, third of ten only throwing thre shells instead of 12, can not confirm, however, if only visually, or also "in theory". Means i cannot tell how many shells were processed, as i did not notice how many hit and how many missed. Will watch closer in the future though.

16 inch mark 1940 non boosted german guns, do not know which mark level it was.

17 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The issue can still be related with gun rotation or can be related with gun obstruction (due to nearby smaller guns or superstructure) which can be overly restrictive.

Do you remember on which hull you had this problem?

seems to happen to me using any of the guns and any hull. they are not restricted buy super structures in the slightest. as ive said, all guns fire most of the time, then the odd occasion only 2 will fire. im not changing course or switching targets. the problem is a bug nothing more.

• Like 1

It had happened to me with two light cruisers grouped in a division. Quite frequently none of them shoot at all. I tried to order stop firing, then ordered resume firing and it worked. But I had to do it several times throughtout the battle. 

On 12/25/2019 at 9:40 PM, Jans said:

It had happened to me with two light cruisers grouped in a division. Quite frequently none of them shoot at all. I tried to order stop firing, then ordered resume firing and it worked. But I had to do it several times throughtout the battle. 

your issue isnt the same as this. there is a bug that's well known where no guns will shoot at all, your fix is correct, however better to leave it on aggressive to permanently fix the issue. "back on topic" well ive screenshot this happening, on this occasion it seems to be every second shot that only one turret fires. im on the same course, all turrets are locked and they are NOT impeded by any superstructure at all. as it stands at the moment (for me) is a game breaker and I sincerely hope the devs read this! if its happening to you then your losing valuable damaging shots in an already challenging scenario. needs dealing with in the next patch imo

Inkedscreen_1920x1080_2019-12-29_13-34-34_LI.jpg

was gonna show more but I got one shotted (never happened to me before) I was even using TNT which has -5% amo detonation. anyway beside the point, here are my first two full salvos, as you can see after the range finding shots you can clearly see all turrets fire...… no problem, as it should be. the the second shot only one turret fires 😕 I haven't changed course ( I know it looks like I have but I have just different camera angle) the one turret that did fire was the aft turret, so again, no structures were in the way.

Inkedscreen_1920x1080_2019-12-29_13-53-48_LI.jpg

Inkedscreen_1920x1080_2019-12-29_13-54-29_LI.jpg

Edited by Mooncatt
wrong screenshot