Game-Labs Forum

Custom battles?

comrade_admiral

• 2 weeks later...

I read the steam forums for this game and Im confused. Some dev there states that:

"We might consider custom battle editor after or near the full release, but at the moment it is a little bit too early to provide any guarantees or exact dates"

But last month the dev here said this: "The first functional Custom Battle Editor is planned for the next patches. We will provide more details later."

Since steam EA (not full) release is estimated for mid 2020, does that mean we wont get the CBE for the next 12 or 6 months? I hope there is a mistake somewhere, because it is the second most important game mode, and Im sure everyone wants to experiment freely without the constraints of pre-designed tutorial or campaign.

Edited by Admiral_Alpha

On 11/17/2019 at 2:04 AM, Admiral_Alpha said:

I read the steam forums for this game and Im confused. Some dev there states that:

"We might consider custom battle editor after or near the full release, but at the moment it is a little bit too early to provide any guarantees or exact dates"

But last month the dev here said this: "The first functional Custom Battle Editor is planned for the next patches. We will provide more details later."

Since steam EA (not full) release is estimated for mid 2020, does that mean we wont get the CBE for the next 12 or 6 months? I hope there is a mistake somewhere, because it is the second most important game mode, and Im sure everyone wants to experiment freely without the constraints of pre-designed tutorial or campaign.

They might of ran into problems, with the mode or deemed it not important enough for testing as it seems like they want to test all the mechanics out first before moving onto game modes and other content.

Don't get me wrong i would love a custom battle editor but i think it would be better with islands, bases, oil rigs, houses, towns , beaches, ice. etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

They might of ran into problems, with the mode or deemed it not important enough for testing as it seems like they want to test all the mechanics out first before moving onto game modes and other content.

Don't get me wrong i would love a custom battle editor but i think it would be better with islands, bases, oil rigs, houses, towns , beaches, ice. etc.

I think the current setup allows them very controlled variables to pinpoint and correct potential issues,  so as much as I want a custom battle setup the current setup makes sense at least for now let them fine-tune then closer to release random battles to stress test and bugfix..

• Like 1