Game-Labs Forum

Possible to remove DD and TB as "ships"?

Fess21

More or less the title. I can imagine it being a bit hard to balance things around tonnages with the AI auto designs and setting it to just BBs seems a bit wrong with cruisers around. Could many of the sink 70% of ships be reworked around lighter combadance not being ships?

• Like 1

If you let the biggest two forces out of a fleet get away its hard to call that a victory. Also sometimes a retreat really is the best option I just hate losing missions being one ship short because i didn't go after the destroyers. 

• Like 1

keep them, but yes putting enemy into full retreat should GENERALLY be a victory condition

no navy wins a war by running away to harbor all the time

yes letting your opponents biggest boats get away CAN very well be a victory if you wind up bottling them up in a harbor: see Battle of Jutland

• Like 2

i would keep TBs and DDs.
They are cheap to mass produce and torps are nasty surprise in wast quantities.
Naval battle balance is bit of the charts some times. That may be due to AI auto build has no set parameter to follow. My faw BC encounter so far was 18" and well armored spuud BC against my BB :P
If the auto build would not be able to do derp build then the TBs and DDs would not be either rofle krumpped or gods of DDs. half of the time auto build gives 50/50 reasonable ships and other times just strange oddities you would see during the pre pre dreadnoughts (they are cute tho suffering from heavy identity crisis)