Game-Labs Forum

What are your worst fears with the game?

SiWi

Hallo Travelers!

While the game is  in a good stage despite being very early, I still think there are things that could ruined it.

And I hope telling the Dev's before hand would avoid those things.

So without further ado, here are my fears:

Time limits and mission designs during the campaign.

Right now alot of the time limits are already testing my patience with the game. It is pretty annoying to lose a 2 hours battle because you could sink/find the last enemy TB you needed to sink. While still somewhat acceptable for the naval academy I really hope that the campaign battles are free from such restrictions.

Fleet AI during big battles:

most missions right now are rather small engagements, but the few that aren't do show that the movement AI sometimes struggles and I see a big risk for big battles.

Instead of having careful liens engaging each other, every line becomes a mess and the ships sit more or less unresponsive in the water. Especially the own fleet.

This are my 2 big ones in the moment.What are yours?

• Like 1

This may seem like a strange concern but due to the fact that the largest calibre guns get accuracy bonuses, i'm concerned that in the campaign the player will have to go with the larger calibre guns (e.g 17/18 inch) or else be handicapping themselves. I hope that the smaller calibre guns will still be viable in the late game and the player will be able to succeed with all types of different battleships rather than being forced to use Yamato style designs. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SiWi said:

Time limits and mission designs during the campaign.

I thought the same way at first, then I started trying tech variations, it turns out most missions are easy to do within the time limits once you’ve setup the ship design as the mission wants you too. Its UAD way of a tutorial, somewhat different from a narrator telling you what to do.

My biggest fear is WOWS preconceptions!

Edited by Skeksis

Restricted hull and tower sizes. Some towers are so big (and those with an attached barbette too small for 16"+) that you can't fit your main guns in a reasonable size and number. The Super-Dreadnought mission is a perfect example of this

Early game Pre-dread vs Pre-dread is my main concern as well. Anyone that played RtWs can tell you that it's alot of slapping each other with AP and hoping for a BE pen. Or just slugging out HE until you finally get an uncontrollable fire. These factor can really make Pre-dread conflicts unbearable and since we start in the 1890s this is worth looking into.

10 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

My biggest fear is WOWS preconceptions!

This is my fear as well (we even have an HE spam meta although the devs are working on that next patch).