Game-Labs Forum

to do Trading as sidejob make a approximate forecast ETA for Traveling Time at the Navline from the Map

i do some Trading at a sidewindow, well that works pretty well, but it would be Great if i get a Timer that roughly tell me when my ship hits the end of my navline... like 5 - 10 minutes in realtime.

it must not be super predictable just a rough info

btw multiple navpoints would be fantastic aswell

• Like 1

Check out naval action map, a tool everyone use in NA:
https://na-map.netlify.com

- Top right in map tools - make journey you can set up the beginning wind and your ship type with woods.

- Then you double click on your  current positon

- Then you double click on the position you want to go.

- you can see the estimated travel time and from where the wind will come on the tip of the arrow

- make another double click for another position you want to go afterwards

- If you want to restart the process, press F5

Edited by Poryv

Lots of people complain that all features must be in game. But it really doesn't matter.  Felix does a great job of supporting his map. 

Pressing "m" is not much different than pressing "Alt" "Tab".  For players that have an extra monitor, (or an extra laptop/tablet) using 3rd party apps is better than having everything in game.   I can play the game and see the map simultaneously.

I like to use Shrouded Recluse's map.  There are many draw programs useful for plotting a course and tracking progress.  It's fun and interesting and adds something to do while sailing.  And I can see OW at the same time.

With 3rd Party Apps we can access a map from inside a battle.  Many players learn to note which way the wind is blowing, and the RL time, just as the battle starts, so they can determine the best point of sail as they exit.  It can be handy to use the 3rd Party App and maintain a view of the battle.

I have heard that the Devs team is only two people, and guess that they are focused on making other improvements.

Using "Alt Tab" with Netlify (or ShroudedRecluse's Map) is better than developing the in game map.  But granted you don't get to use the "m" key.

Edited by Macjimm

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 9:21 AM, Macjimm said:

Lots of people complain that all features must be in game. But it really doesn't matter.  Felix does a great job of supporting his map.

Yes. Seems like a good time to remind folks that there is a Donate button on his map. Captains who use that map should help support his efforts.