Game-Labs Forum

While we wait..

Koro

Hello!

So while the game is being developed I've been reading and watching videos of this time period. I've found that there is a big gap in my knowledge about ships from this particular time period and I wanted to share a few videos that have been helpful to me as a tester for the game to have at least some understanding of what I was dealing with:

These two videos give a good overview of the technology behind them and the thoughts that went in to naval strategy at the time.

Anyone else got something good to share?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

download;jsessionid=35F35FF07458F859FF45

This collection of articles on naval artillery has a few entries that are of particular interest:

• “Hitting the Target: Naval Fire Control 1860-1900” provides insight on, and corrects some misconceptions about, the state of gunnery fire control aboard ships before the post-1900 “gunnery revolution.”  A lot of interesting detail is also tucked away in the footnotes.  Unfortunately there are some significant typos, including a rather important “not” that seems to have been left out of the conclusion, so be wary.
  • “Thoughts on the Naval Technology Used in the Battle fo the Yalu River” provides an analysis of this 1895 battle from the perspective of the opposing technologies, quite a few of which were being tried in combat for the first time.
  • The volume also includes a huge database of the ballistic characteristics of rifled guns for every nation spanning the entire era covered in UG:D.
  • Like 2