Game-Labs Forum

Why is crafting xp a mystery?

Anceitus

Question

all sites are outdated, and looking in the game and attempting to craft something yields no information about actual xp gain. Why was this not added to the patch, and why was the game launched with this half of it being such a mystery? It would be nice to know what gives xp and what does not ingame, and not from guessing (which makes players leave the game, too confusing) or asking for other player's information (which is STILL a guess, since there is not even a "you gained this amount of XP" message when crafting)

Also, why do some items give xp and others not? if I am crafting, anything, it needs to give xp. crafting is a crucial part of retention, giving the game life and ships to blow up. This was a fumble on the developers part, and should be fixed, as the game is in release without any information on this part.

4 answers to this question

At the top of the crafting screen is a little red circle with your crafting level in it. Hovering over it will show you your exact XP. It took me too long to discover this though, tbf. Also, when you go to craft the item it will tell you the XP gain from it. It should be apparent from the main crafting screen. 

Edited by Galt

Anceitus, before you give up.  They did make crafting easier.  With a Crafting Level 0 and Level 1 Shipyard you can make most trade ships and ships with a battle rating below 100.  With Crafting Level 1 and Level 2 shipyard you can make most 5th rates.  It sin't hard to get to Crafting Level 1.  Make about 15 Lynx's.  I don't know if at some point you can actually make money building ships yet.  Haven't gotten that far in the game.