Game-Labs Forum

Constantly losing connection

vagrantprodigy

I lose connection many times per day. Often it is just a glitch in battle, and I lose some armor, and have to regain position on the enemy. On the open world, it just shows my ship as frozen. Chat still works during this. Other times it takes me back to shard selection. Many times the game just freezes, and I have to exit and rejoin. I've checked my internet, and it is not dropping.

46 minutes ago, vagrantprodigy said:

The game crashes every hour or so, so that has been thoroughly tested. My computer has been rebooted, and all other games and applications work fine.

Captain, could you please, once the problem happens again, send a connection test report via Steam Naval Action launcher (3rd option - connection test report)

9 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captain, could you please, once the problem happens again, send a connection test report via Steam Naval Action launcher (3rd option - connection test report)

I can, I'm not sure it will give any good information, I can immediately reconnect when I become disconnected.

• 2 months later...

I recently started playing again, and this is occurring again. I've sent the connection tests in, as well as bug reports when the game freezes. One thing I have noticed is that when the game freezes, sometimes chat still works. My ping does typically show as 0 during these events.

Edited by vagrantprodigy

21 hours ago, vagrantprodigy said:

I recently started playing again, and this is occurring again. I've sent the connection tests in, as well as bug reports when the game freezes. One thing I have noticed is that when the game freezes, sometimes chat still works. My ping does typically show as 0 during these events.

Could you please send a fresh connection test report as there no connection reprots from you. The number will be copied in buffer once the report is done, you can just paste it here (it will be something like NAS-123456)

I'll do another connection test when I can catch the issue. I've been running some tracert and ping tests, and I'm getting intermittent packet loss and lag spikes at the last few European hops. This only lasts about 1-2 minutes before clearing up, so I'm not certain a connection test will ever show this.

• 1 month later...

Still having this issue. Issue appears to still be packet loss and latency on the last few hops (the Euro hops). My best ping is in the 130's. When it spikes, it goes up to 5000, and the game freezes about half of the time this happens. As you can imagine, this makes the game nearly unplayable. I'd love to see someone from Game Labs actually look into this.