Game-Labs Forum

Increase PvE Hull Repair Drops

Rather straightforward suggestion. 

Repair looting in PvP is rather sustainable since (most) players carry repairs into battle that can be looted afterwards. In fact, I often end up with too many repairs when PvPing in OW. This allows me to sail the map for hours at a time and fight multiple battles without needing to return to port constantly. After all, it sucks to sail for 30+ minutes only to go back to port after 1 battle. 

This is not my experience at all with PvE.  In my experience, AI ships rarely drop hull repairs after a battle. I see this as a problem because I cannot be bothered to take a mission, sail into enemy waters, and attack AI knowing that my repairs will not be replenished. If I attack an AI ship and use 1-2 repairs in battle, I am forced to turn around and sail home because I need to save the rest of my repairs in case I run into an enemy player and am forced to fight 1-3 battles.

It is my understanding that the devs want players to take missions (PvE and PvP) and sail to enemy waters. I personally wouldn't mind hitting an AI ship occasionally if PvP is sparse and if the AI ship matches a mission that I have. But until repair drops are buffed, I will continue to opt out of PvE. 

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 9

After a few evenings testing PvE side of things:

- hostility missions AI loot seem to have more repairs than the OW AI

May be just pure chance but, if it is not the case it makes good sense.

Also OW PvE in the War Server is like a walking stick. To ensure you always have something to chew on now and then - and to hunt for those Chests ( statistics don't lie ) 

True. If you want to do some AI raiding in the remote areas then you have to spend enormous portion of time hauling reps there. I suggest all neutral ports should drop reasonable amount of reps every day (even for higher prices), so the raiders could use them and it will increase their time spent in OW dramaticaly. And there should be at least 30% chance to find some reps in the loot. 

• Like 1