Game-Labs Forum

Impact Tagging

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Lets not make the game any better because it sucks anyway yet we're all here.

He is saying a shitty mechanic shouldn't dictate the entire fight. You seem to take that as an all or nothing statement.

your opinion isn't warranted.

Everyone's opinion means something. We are all here testing the game, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean their opinion isn't valuable. And telling someone otherwise, to quote yourself,

What a shitty attitude

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

What a shitty attitude. Lets not make the game any better because it sucks anyway yet we're all here. Definitely not agreeing with you on anything. 
If you just want good battles and shit OW then go to legends, your opinion isn't warranted.

The OW can't be a place where maneuvers and tactical gameplay take place, mate. It's unimprovable because it's too fast and too shallow.

Please don't get upset on behalf of a mechanic that doesn't exist. I'm 100% in favor of impact tagging if it can work.

But in the current set-up, it doesn't. Not just because of the server but because of how ships are placed in the instances with land. The devs have told us many times how the land in instances limits their options in terms of tagging and ROE.

Edited by maturin
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, maturin said:

The OW can't be a place where maneuvers and tactical gameplay take place, mate. It's unimprovable because it's too fast and too shallow.

Please don't get upset on behalf of a mechanic that doesn't exit. I'm 100% in favor of impact tagging if it can work.

But in the current set-up, it doesn't. Not just because of the server but because of how ships are placed in the instances with land. The devs have told us many times how the land in instances limits their options in terms of tagging and ROE.

I agree 100%,

You should spawn at a distance of about 700 meters from your enemy and then approach them from there - I'm tired of games where you start right next to eachother and you're forced to use a rig-repair as your first repair because the enemy just happens to have turned his ship the right way in OW to get a perfect broadside of chain in your sails at 50-100 meters.

And add a 500 meters control radius to all ships and a 10 minute count down on the leave timer at the start of the battle to give the chaser enough time to catch up.

Edited by Percival Merewether