Game-Labs Forum

What is classed as abnormal rewards

Archaos

As admin has stated that all abnormal rewards should be reported, I would like to ask at what point do we class the rewards as abnormal. Yes it is very clear that if I am making 100 million off a single trade then it is abnormal and there is something wrong, but as can be seen from a response I gave to the above topic there are ways to improve rewards that do not appear abnormal but could still be counted as exploits.

In the example above I did do those delivery missions and I have also done ones that were better than that. In the example I first had to ferry all the items from Brewers to Black River using trader brigs and then ship them to Belize in 5 Indiamen, which was a lot of time. Once delivered there I just had to do the teleporting back and forth to repeat the delivery mission. My profit was 3.25 million which I would not count as excessive for a few hours time spent, but because of the teleporting trick would this be classed as an exploit?

The better Mission I had another day gave me over 50 delivery missions to complete, I cannot remember the exact details but I had to collect goods from several ports around Bonacca and Black River and deliver them to Belize and then just teleport back and forth between Bonacca and Belize. If I can remember correctly that netted me around 10 million profit. Yet again I felt this was not excessive for the amount of time I had to invest in gathering the materials and delivering them and the only questionable thing I feel could be the teleporting aspect to repeat the mission.

The point I am trying to make is that at what point do you class the rewards as excessive when you can make over a million by doing a 25 minute battle against AI OW fleets with the additional chance of getting a drop that is also worth several million, or you can go out and PvP and sell PvP marks at a minimum of 100k each netting you over a million per ship sunk. The increase in delivery mission rewards was brought in to make delivery missions more attractive as at one stage they were hardly worth taking as your profits were often less than you could get from selling direct to the NPC.

Maybe if the teleporting is an issue then the delivery mission should change once it has been taken so it cannot be repeated.

• Like 1

3 Simple examples

Example 1
If you buy an item at 10 and sell it at 1100 you should get 1000 profit on an item
If a system for some reason gives you 5000 if you sell this item when it shows you should only receive 1000 (4000 out of nothing), you probably encountered a bug that could be exploited

Example 2
You craft a ship pressing a button and expect to receive 1 ship as a result.. 
If for some reason a system gives you 5 ships instead of one, you probably encountered a bug that could be exploited 

Example 3
You give an item to a friend using trade interface. You expect to not have an item after trade is completed
If for some reason you still have an item after a trade and your friend received 5 items too you probably encountered a bug that could be exploited

in this case the best course of action is to report by F11 or in the forums and ask for clarifications if it is ok to use it (printing money).

If developers do not consider it important you can continue using it (for example wipe is coming or the benefits are very small). If the bug is serious and can unbalance the game it will be fixed next day or sometimes immediately. @Liq remembers one case like this.