Game-Labs Forum

PVP ... RVR Encouragement - Hostility meh...

I am a returning player, had no idea what this hostility thing is...  As a way to encourage more PVP wouldn't it make more sense to publicize that a nation/clan has started hostilities against a port.  Right now there is just a message appears in combatnews, and if you can figure out the map you can perhaps figure that out too..

What I am suggesting is perhaps a hostility ticker always shown on screen in one corner or banners that appear on screen when one of your nations ports are being acted against.   Recent complaints from the pvp'ers is that everyone is in the safe zone.. well..  who is doing this hostility stuff? why aren't they finding those hostility fleets and jumping in their battles?  Thinking if hostility announcements were given a little more urgency or prominence it might work to encourage more pvp...

3 hours ago, SKurj said:

why aren't they finding those hostility fleets and jumping in their battles? 

The answer to that one is pretty simple - because if the enemy is doing hostility missions then they're organized and prepared for a big battle at that time of their choosing, and most likely your clan is NOT organized or prepared for a big battle at that random moment. 

4 hours ago, SKurj said:

why aren't they finding those hostility fleets and jumping in their battles?  Thinking if hostility announcements were given a little more urgency or prominence it might work to encourage more pvp...

Because your slots in those battles are getting blocked from 10 AI ships. 

And noone wants to fight 25 vs 15+ 10 AI

• Like 1

well i dunno all the mechanics, but can't other players from the nation hostilities have been started against start tagging ai fleets in the area to combat the hostility?  I may not completely understand the mechanics...  

4 hours ago, SKurj said:

well i dunno all the mechanics, but can't other players from the nation hostilities have been started against start tagging ai fleets in the area to combat the hostility?  I may not completely understand the mechanics...  

I think hostility missions are usually much more efficient at the rate of generating hostility than sinking random AI fleets.  That's part of the reason we have them now. 

5 hours ago, SKurj said:

That's the way it used to work. Not anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I think hostility missions are usually much more efficient at the rate of generating hostility than sinking random AI fleets.  That's part of the reason we have them now. 

I agree, for my money the principle idea of the hostility missions is not to permit the defenders to be able to fight off a hostility (the Vicar's complaint) though this is possible and has been done on a number of occasions including by the Swedes and the Pirates against the Russians at St Nicholas some time ago. It is a method of raising a PB which requiring significant time and effort on the behalf of the attackers.

The PB is where the defenders have the advantage to defend an attack, this is where port ownership is decided.   I consider the hostility system to be much better than conquest flags or the raising of hostility by the sinking of almost non-existent random AI fleets + pvp (defenders tend to stay in port rather than risk being ganked and adding to the hostility level percentage). Hostility missions make the raising of pb's possible without the frustration of waiting for AI or looking for defender PvP fleets (which very seldom arrived preferring to sit in port). Hostility missions require a sufficient level of effort to raise a pb which discourages empty pb multi-port appointments.

I would be pleased to see improvements (not sure what) but no system is perfect, its the best system I have played under to date. 

Buster (pen rests)