Game-Labs Forum

Towing Ships

@Rigs

The "unwanted" is not a problem, it is a consequence of individual captains own risk management not accounting for the OW unknown. Hence the example I gave breaking down the planning in the "long run". No sprinting, but rather endurance marathon, building strong foundations for successful and pleasing age of sail simulation.

If you think hard about If there would be only pvp, in the open sea, if both parties want then the amount of battles, generated in the open sea, would be close to null. The huge chunk of playerbase that does play the best age of sail game in the industry due to wanting to "impersonate" a privateer, a pyrate, a rum runner, and which has no interest in Trafalgar would be left out with no access to player to player interaction and be relegated to - duels or versus environment.

Regarding the new players, I firmly believe the reinforcement areas in place now do take care of it at deathstar level. so that is out of the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

@Rigs

a) The "unwanted" is not a problem, it is a consequence of individual captains own risk management not accounting for the OW unknown. Hence the example I gave breaking down the planning in the "long run". No sprinting, but rather endurance marathon, building strong foundations for successful and pleasing age of sail simulation.

If you think hard about If there would be only pvp, in the open sea, if both parties want then the amount of battles, generated in the open sea, would be close to null. The huge chunk of playerbase that does play the best age of sail game in the industry due to wanting to "impersonate" a privateer, a pyrate, a rum runner, and which has no interest in Trafalgar would be left out with no access to player to player interaction and be relegated to - duels or versus environment.

b).Regarding the new players, I firmly believe the reinforcement areas in place now do take care of it at deathstar level. so that is out of the way.

a) Please see below.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:26 PM, jodgi said:

^This is the standard line.

"The economy needs it!"

Why is it unfair? How are we stopping you from engaging in the stuff you like? Ya'll can choke on a mountain of easy, menial, boring and time-consuming eco tasks as long as I don't have to. A little fore-play makes it better, I'm in for that, but you're like Laban trying to trick me into years of work before I can get into Rachel's pants.

I'll tell you what's unfair: I don't want to force anyone to do things they don't enjoy. You are free to circumvent any open world mechanic you want (OW hunting, RvR, PvP...). But you! You want to take away all the bones we've been thrown and make sure we play it your way; The Right Way... The eco way.

"If you want Rachel I'll force Leah on you because rules."

henry-parsons-riviere-the-meeting-of-jac

You can have Leah, I only love Rachel.

b). If that's true we should see a bunch of new players in the game. In my opinion, that's just the beginning of a longer process and regardless what we think or say the numbers will tell.

Edited by Rigs

I agree that wanting to put pieces on the table that are not covered by the rulebook is definitely an arbitrary ... thing....

Kind of, at the extreme,

Gamer 1 - "You do what ? Drop supplies where... !?" - while looking to a 1815 Waterloo - Wavre tabletop battlefield

Gamer 2 - "My biplanes will fly the supplies in there..." - grins and points at Grouchy HQ.

( in any case there's plenty of repairs being sold in all neutral towns i've entered. I have a choice of taking the repairs myself and supply the naval base or buy them from there. I do have to make the choice and not have a teleport make it for me ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

I agree that wanting to put pieces on the table that are not covered by the rulebook is definitely an arbitrary ... thing....

Kind of, at the extreme,

Gamer 1 - "You do what ? Drop supplies where... !?" - while looking to a 1815 Waterloo - Wavre tabletop battlefield

Gamer 2 - "My biplanes will fly the supplies in there..." - grins and points at Grouchy HQ.

( in any case there's plenty of repairs being sold in all neutral towns i've entered. I have a choice of taking the repairs myself and supply the naval base or buy them from there. I do have to make the choice and not have a teleport make it for me ).

So far I have never seen any repairs and I have checked 3 outposts with nearby towns in 3 separate areas.

I have suggested that EU traders should be selling repairs just like everything else at 3x the costs of producing them.  

Whats larger a ship or the repairs? Speaking of choice, we can choose to teleport a ship but not repairs?

The only choice really is to use or not teleport at all.