Game-Labs Forum

Population imbalance counter

What about giving xp / gold multipliers ( also ship knowledge ) for anything depending on how many players on your faction / nation are online? The less online compared to other nations the higher the percentage based bonus... This could also be applied to pvp battles... the higher the gap in BR between you and the enemy the higher multiplier for the lower side. This seems like a easy to implement fix  to help balance pop and encourage fights... 

• Like 2

These bonuses never encourage someone to pick a certain nation over another. Plus its not a big deal to have some smaller nations in the game. An eight way split of the pbase is not interesting. 

28 minutes ago, Flinch said:

These bonuses never encourage someone to pick a certain nation over another. Plus its not a big deal to have some smaller nations in the game. An eight way split of the pbase is not interesting. 

What we have now in global however is not all that entertaining either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

Depends on the size of the bonus i would say... and even if not, then at least people fighting the odds get something for it? Your opinion seems biased coming from one of the heaviest populated nations...

The problem isn't the amount of nations. Either remove all nations or keep them as is. The problem with the current nations is that most europeans, most US players and most aussie players understand english and therefore join either GB or US rather than some of the smaller nation, leading to unbalanced nations. This lack of balance will not be removed by reducing the amount of nations or factions to say four - or even two. The problem is less pronounced on the EU server (now) as it is on the global but the problem is there and it will most likely stay like that. An intelligent solution would be to:

1) reintroduce lord protectors but instead of Victorymarks give them a daily stipend in either gold, lh or combat marks. (Perhaps even let the lord protector chose the PB timers on global?)

2) reintroduce forged papers as a craftable item. Two things that really annoys me is that partly everyone that change faction is somehow a "traitor" to their old faction - that's just bullocks, it's a game and ppl seeks challenges. The other part is that in order to balance out factions one would have to start all over - gathering xp, ressources, skill-books etc. I've played for Denmark-Norway always and I've never had the inclination to switch nations but I'm sure as hell not starting all over if I did.

3) incentivize playerswapping for example by granting small bonus' to players in smaller nations (not combat bonus'), this could be ranked so the smallest nation (in controlled points) got the largest bonus' but the winner got victory marks as the system grants today.

Or just remove all nations. But if we removed all nations why then keep the caraibean as the "playground"? From a gameplay perspective there's a huge body of water (aka the atlantic) that doesn't hold any players at all.