Game-Labs Forum

Need change or players lost again

Dear Developers!

I will be short. U still stick to some mechanic make úr game unviable.

Appart from whining on forum, there is 3 reason players leave the game.

1. New players leave mainly because of the hard progress, they do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them.

2. There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.

3. PvP and PBs are wrecked in the new system.

My suggestions:

1. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail in this with a warship they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters, and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes. 

2. Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h . (It can boost smuggler activity what is good for the game aswell, while everybody must sail back with cargo, what is the exciting part for both side i think)

3. Let all players make outpost only at 1 freetown with the opportunity to move ship and switch to ship there, so all nation PVP oriented captain can do thier joy, and we dont need sail hour and hours for nothing.

Top of that i think u should make victory conditions for nations. I think u have to do it wisely, as if u destroy a nation, there will be player leak again. So i think victory conditions should be that: the nation wanted to win the map should take 3 port from 1 of these nations (British, Spain, Pirate), 2 port form 2 other nation (from British, Pirate, Spanish) and 1 port from each rest nation, and has to keep all of thier ports, they get at start. If i count well, for the victory need 10 new area with the start area, but has to get from all other nations, not from one. Who wants to win, has to attack all other nations at least 1 time. The win conditions should be hard at this way, but really enjoyable. If a nation can do this, u should set the map back to the original conditions (area reset) without any other things (money, XP, ship, etc.... reset) reset. For victory the nation should get a victory mark, what shoud turn in for books what doesnt make big difference in game, but unique (like trained powder monkeys +8% relode rate, optimized strenghten rudder for same turn speed buff with some +HP, and so one). If u make this System, u must change the conquest mark System to avoid fake port battles (need minimal BR to sink to get conquest marks) and u need to make the OS movement a bit easier, as i mentioned to defend ports far from capital and to make available to attack nations far from home water. 

If u do this, the map will filled up with live. New players will be happy, PVP will be high, and in my opinion the game loose its player leak, and get some player growth.

Best Regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Macjimm said:

I like sailing.  I hope the devs never remove OW sailing from the game.

Whenever I get into this game and do some sailing (which incidentally is very rare now), I get sailing and then ALWAYS toggle over to Wikipedia, YouTube or some other random browser to do some other random activity. And there's the problem right there...if the Devs honestly think that is fun gaming...they have got it seriously wrong...there aren't even fun navigational tools I can play with or intriguing map reading or inventory checking I can do while sailing. Someone please tell me how leaving the game to keep busy is on any level...gaming...

Currently I log in once a day or so to see if my items are selling in the market....that's it...

• Like 1

I understand where the author is coming from BUT we had a rookie zone that was hardly used. 

Open world sailing takes a long time but there are rewards etc. Game is beautiful for one! 

I know most players would hate this but I wish hostile AI fleets would attack you (AI engaging tags) in open world. So this complaint over boring long sails would go away forever and instead be replaced with stop hostile AI tagging complaints!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

the only think this game need is more content, hopefully, Unity 5 can provide more options for that.

3-6 months will be too late. Until the new engine hits, most people will have left the game. (or switched to naval action legends.)

• Like 1