Game-Labs Forum

Reboarding

Twig

Friends,

we, my clan, had yesterday something issue with the new "you cant take ai ships" mechanic.
We know, that with the new patch you are not allowed to take the AI ships after bording with you. That is totaly fine and this is not about that part.

I'm just writing this cause I think that this system is not properly adjusted.

So let me please explain what happened first:
1) My Clan did some missions with a few Indefatigables. (As usual)

2) One of our ships DC'd from the game - His internet was fine but steam said "Connection Error".
(At the same time 2 players of RSM which I was sailing with also got thrown out of the game)

3) The AI borded the ship from the one who DC'd as he happens to be directly beneath the enemy ship when the crash happened.

4) Even though, that ship was a player ship when we started the fight, as soon as the AI got his ship it counted as AI ship and we were not able to recap it in the same instance.
So we had to sink after we reboarded it.

- So my question about this is: Can you please adjust this mechanic to only count ships as AI ships which are in the hand of the AI before the fight starts?
Thus that the player ships still count as player ships even when they were shortly in the hands of the AI.

To loose a ship in the updated game right now can hurt. We can handle that without problem and this here is more about the mechanic than about the loose.

BTW: No we did not reported it ingame, cause it was no bug or something else.
PS: If this does not belong in this Channel please move it :D

Edited by Twig
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

we plan to fix this

if the ship's original owner was a player it would be capturable

Thanks

4 hours ago, Twig said:

Friends,

we, my clan, had yesterday something issue with the new "you cant take ai ships" mechanic.
We know, that with the new patch you are not allowed to take the AI ships after bording with you. That is totaly fine and this is not about that part.

I'm just writing this cause I think that this system is not properly adjusted.

So let me please explain what happened first:
1) My Clan did some missions with a few Indefatigables. (As usual)

2) One of our ships DC'd from the game - His internet was fine but steam said "Connection Error".
(At the same time 2 players of RSM which I was sailing with also got thrown out of the game)

3) The AI borded the ship from the one who DC'd as he happens to be directly beneath the enemy ship when the crash happened.

4) Even though, that ship was a player ship when we started the fight, as soon as the AI got his ship it counted as AI ship and we were not able to recap it in the same instance.
So we had to sink after we reboarded it.

- So my question about this is: Can you please adjust this mechanic to only count ships as AI ships which are in the hand of the AI before the fight starts?
Thus that the player ships still count as player ships even when they were shortly in the hands of the AI.

To loose a ship in the updated game right now can hurt. We can handle that without problem and this here is more about the mechanic than about the loose.

BTW: No we did not reported it ingame, cause it was no bug or something else.
PS: If this does not belong in this Channel please move it :D

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago