Game-Labs Forum

Anyone else hate the battle Crossroads?

I create this weird L-shape formation with the garrisonable house at the tip of the formation, with another brigade behind it (possibly in the L shaped line to the west or southeast) to rotate in and out when the brigade in the house breaks. You don't need much artillery, I'd say 2 brigades max. You want your infantry to stay close too.

Basically I'd say your problem was you bunched your brigades a bit too much... and cav is also fairly risky in earlygame :P

• Like 1

I let the Union troops take the house with my brigades on the woods defending initially, let them come.  Once they are in the center on the house, squeeze your brigades little by little into the center, flanking them with cavalry and skirmishers in their rear to occupy their artillery and cause some of their brigades to return to the rear.

9 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

I let the Union troops take the house with my brigades on the woods defending initially, let them come.  Once they are in the center on the house, squeeze your brigades little by little into the center, flanking them with cavalry and skirmishers in their rear to occupy their artillery and cause some of their brigades to return to the rear.

Which is similar to what the AI did to me.  I got some learning to do with this game.  Thanks for the tips you guys.