Game-Labs Forum

Camera zoom out option + ship steering

Dear Devs, is it possible to add an option to zoom out (adjust) camera and be able to control ships after. For example we do have Home fly by feature, but it's only to look around and stuff. I am talking zoom out camera away from the ship in diagonal straight line and be able to set it as new default. I think many people will find it easier on eyes when zoomed out. 

ex. Hit Home button once and count 5 seconds, then hit S key and look straight down and count 3 seconds. You will have a nice view, but we can't sail in that mode can we?

Thanks. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Well i want to see someday zoom out at least 20% more that current. On some ships mast are cut by camera.

Agree, I really wish they would set at least 3 presets. Default, +25% zoom +50% all fixed. I believe players should have an option to position the camera the way they like it similar to all other MMos. ex. many potbs fans would choose +50% zoom, while more simulator oriented folks would stay with default. 

Edited by Ned Low

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I actually zoom all the way in to the top of the deck when fighting.  I have better situational awareness there, I dont understand the need to see the whole ship, I should know where the whole ship is I am commanding the damned thing.

Fore some people it's better option when sailing on OS. I still believe camera is too close on some ships. For you it could be ok, but for many slight camera zoom out is needed. I wonder if it's difficult to implement.

Edited by Ned Low

Too keep proportions between realism and gaming experience zooming out a bit would be great for many i belive. Defintely for myself ;) Why we cant test it on test bed (if changes are not hard - game engine adjustment? idk)

Edited by Bart Smith

Adding the ability to control the ship from the camera view is one of the most important changes that should be made.

I enjoy sailing in OW.  It is nice to adopt a postion on the deck where I can see past the sail.   I must switch between camera view to control view constantly.   It would be enormously helpful if I was able to control the ship from any position on the deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

In free cam mode you can adjust fov with the [ ] keys then go back to standard ship camera and it retains that fov

yeah I know, but why do I need it when I can't steer the ship? The main point of this post is to get the ability to steer the ship while zoomed out. Current Home fly camera is basically a bird's eye view for spotters and unfortunately can't improve view options that are available to players.   

Edited by Ned Low

18 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

While in free camera adjust fov with [ ] keys then go back to ship control and it will retain that fov. Give it a try

Yea it's a fish eye thing. It warps everything around circle, I guess it will have to work for now. I want to maintain same picture and be able to zoom out. Thanks for your help anyway. P.S. it really makes me sick when I sail in that warped view lol. 

Edited by Ned Low