Game-Labs Forum

Insta camp at the end of battle

william1993

So, the other day I was playing stones river as CSA.  I flanked them with 4 brigades then turned 1 into their back.  Then I brought my remaining troops up and pushed them out of the woods and across the plains to the Nashville Pike.  The battle ended with me capturing West Nashville Pike and  I had 5 brigafes and a battery on top.  January 1 came, and all my troops had teleported east of the Pike.

Can the devs fix that to a point? I understand that troops literally don't go to sleep on top of each other, Yank and reb, but if one captures a position on the field I doubt they'd give it up to go back to camp adn sleep.  Wouldn't they just sleep on it?

• Like 1

It would be a fair bit of work but I suppose the devs could make overnight field dispositions work based on objective ownership and there form a tree : side A owns objectives X and Y at the end of day 1; deploy each side for day 2 based on option AXY1, side A owns X but B owns Y equals option AXBY1 on day 2. With each objective you would have 2 options... *quite a lot of work really, but technically doable I suppose.

Specifically for Stones River the point here is that you have to capture the Pikes before the second day starts. Even tho the rebs are teleported a bit too far back it's understandable that by nightfall the most advanced troops would fall back to the main army's position so they would'nt get cut out and destroyed the next morning. You also don't want to spend the night in range of the ennemy's artillery (ask the rebs at Shiloh how that went out). 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say for sure that i did hold them for the requested time but i did take two Pike's(flanking manuver form "north-east"),kicked U.S down south with my strongest corp and made a lot of damage to U.S. troops trying to retake Pike's before the clock run down. There simply wasn't any chance Union could take it back. When the day ended I've got the same message - that we start the new year entrenched and a lot of flustration after that. Both armies just switched places and now i had to attack  U.S army(every unit on the map was teleported behind the fortifications) again. I've manage to take one Pike and get a draw but the whole situation just shouldn't happen. Worst case scenario C.S troops are fortified and attacked by Union(+ some reinforsments) the second day. Best the battle is won the first day(like the 2nd Bull Run if you playing U.S). It need to be fixed somehow so please do that.

4 hours ago, go_rocco said:

I can't say for sure that i did hold them for the requested time but i did take two Pike's(flanking manuver form "north-east"),kicked U.S down south with my strongest corp and made a lot of damage to U.S. troops trying to retake Pike's before the clock run down. There simply wasn't any chance Union could take it back. When the day ended I've got the same message - that we start the new year entrenched and a lot of flustration after that. Both armies just switched places and now i had to attack  U.S army(every unit on the map was teleported behind the fortifications) again. I've manage to take one Pike and get a draw but the whole situation just shouldn't happen. Worst case scenario C.S troops are fortified and attacked by Union(+ some reinforsments) the second day. Best the battle is won the first day(like the 2nd Bull Run if you playing U.S). It need to be fixed somehow so please do that.

If you capture both points at the end of the 1st day, you should get the win. If you have a save at that point, please report that bug.