Game-Labs Forum

There is a work around for melee dragging

LegioX

I forgot the person on this board who showed me the "temporary fix," but when a unit is in melee and the enemy unit starts falling back, hit T (for skirmishers) and your unit will stop. Hit T again and they will return back to unit. Keep doing this unit the enemy has disengaged from your unit and your unit will not drag with them. I have used them numerous times when this person pointed it out and it works to perfection!

Yup, that was me.  I have this knack for finding kind of stuff. :P

2 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

Clicking on the engaged brigade and giving it a new position also disengages them.  The skirmishes detachment command causes the game engine to re-think the current orders for the brigade in question. 

Not all the time.  Detaching and Reattaching Skirmishers does not make the brigade rethink orders, but it recalculates where the brigade aught to be - "this brigade didn't receive any move orders, but it's over there - let's teleport it back to there when it detaches skirmishers"-type thing, probably over-simplified and not entirely correct.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Soldier said:

Yup, that was me.  I have this knack for finding kind of stuff. :P

Not all the time.  Detaching and Reattaching Skirmishers does not make the brigade rethink orders, but it recalculates where the brigade aught to be - "this brigade didn't receive any move orders, but it's over there - let's teleport it back to there when it detaches skirmishers"-type thing, probably over-simplified and not entirely correct.

Well this is a nice one to add to the bag of tricks! Much easier for me to just hit T rather than click then create the line of march or retreat. Nice one! Which brings me to the next question of...have you created a specific link to your revealed "tips"??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, civsully1 said:

Well this is a nice one to add to the bag of tricks! Much easier for me to just hit T rather than click then create the line of march or retreat. Nice one! Which brings me to the next question of...have you created a specific link to your revealed "tips"??

After my unfortunate thread on the Steam forum that populated the Combine Brigade exploit, which I regret posting, I've been keeping a lot more stuff to myself.  I know much about exploiting the crap out of this game, and only Koro perhaps knows them because he can relay these types of things in the Tester forum.  Most of this stuff are exploits, they don't belong in a tips section. :P

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Soldier said:

After my unfortunate thread on the Steam forum that populated the Combine Brigade exploit, which I regret posting, I've been keeping a lot more stuff to myself.  I know much about exploiting the crap out of this game, and only Koro perhaps knows them because he can relay these types of things in the Tester forum.  Most of this stuff are exploits, they don't belong in a tips section. :P

Understood thanks for the reply. And as a personal desire I like to see exploits kept to the barest minimum if none at all. Have always felt tactics should determine outcomes rather than exploits in gameplay. With that said I have always been impressed with folks like you that have the talent and insight to find these tricks/flaws. Well done.:)

• Like 1

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM, The Soldier said:

:P  ... Not all the time.  ...

I'll agree to disagree.

I have never experienced any brigade engaged in melee, to not detach itself when clicked and with slight movement of the cursor away from the point of melee to a place a few feet away and left click immediately. This method works every time for me.

• Like 1