Game-Labs Forum

New ships in the game.

Been playing for a few months now and for me the game is fun but the amount of ships for the player is kinda low and it´s the same ships  every one use.

The ships needs some overhauling and they need to be more different in stats. Many have same guns amount, same thickness of hull and many other things.

By changing the stats on the ships so u need more then 1 type in ur fleet u might make fleet pvp and PB more fun.

At the same time more ships in the game might bring more ppl into the game.

Now i know this is a not a finish game but stil. :)

More ships will all so give more for the crafters to do in the game.

Now there are really many ships and ships types from the 1700 to the 1800.

Here is a few that could be fun and where its easy to find foto´s and stats like canons and crew.

U have pirate and normal frigate so why not

Frigate_FR.jpg Frigate_cumberland.jpg  Frigate.jpg 
                                                                                                                                                                                       Merchant Frigate (1861) 
                  French Frigate (1794)                                        US Frigate Cumberland (1843) 

And for the traders

Opium_ships.jpg 
Opium Clippers (1831)

And for the swe splayers :)

Gotheborg.jpg 
Gotheborg (1740)

And dont forget the Dutch

Amsterdam_1.jpg 
Amsterdam (1750)

Big boy´s ships

Ottoman ship of the line Mahmudiye.png Le borda ecole navale-1-Bougault.jpg

Mahmudiye (1829)                                         Valmy (1847)

Fight of the Poursuivante mp3h9426.jpg

HMS Hercule (1798)

• Like 2

There are "hundreds" of ships in game already - just most look the same. Need to see how the new skill system replacing upgrades work actually.

While it is easy to come up with the idea of new ships the making of those is not that easy as the 3D modelling is just the first step. Hopefully devs come up with a way to introduce new ships using means like Kickstarter to pay for this development without having to resort to bread and water.

Personally I would like to see more trading ships of which there were more types in any shape, form and size than all navies worldwide had together. While the current trading ships are sufficient for purpose the lure of trading is lower than the lure of combat. If there shall be enough "targets" in OW then at least it should be in a ship that as a trader I see as the best fit and enjoy sailing around trying to avoid being caught in.

Few more traders would be nice.

Also I would like to see pirate/privateer modified versions of all trading ships. Same 3D model and same visible info in OW, but more crew, guns and other improvements.