Game-Labs Forum

Civil War Trust

A. P. Hill

Many of you may not be aware of a foundation that exists outside of the National Battlefield Parks Association, called The Civil War Trust.

The Civil War Trust, (myself a member, as well as a member of the National Battlefield Association,) sends email reports to its members alerting the public to such things as battlefield encroachment, properties for sale, properties rejuvenations, new acquisitions, expansion of, or creation of parks, etc.   A very ACW centric organization.

I thought today's announcement would be greatly appreciated in these forums for those of you who are unaware of this foundation.  BRANDY STATION, the site of the largest Civil War Cavalry battle has 244 acres available for purchase.  Currently Brandy Station is just a marker beside the road in rural Virginia, you could miss it if you're not paying attention.  It is the intent of The Civil War Trust to buy up this property and then turn it over to the Parks Service so that a new National Park commemorating this battle can be established.

I highly recommend everyone who can, to look into this foundation, it's work, and be moved to join.

With much of today's mentality, much of America's historical landscapes are being eliminated for the purpose of corporate / residential enrichment with no attachment to preserving the historical aspect of the property.  It would be a shame for America to lose this rich historical background that we on these forums seem to cherish.

• Like 4

Thanks. :)

I'm pretty sure that the CWT is aware, I know I've seen one or two emails on the subject.   They've been instrumental just recently in getting Gen'l Lee's headquarters at Gettysburg renovated.  They were also instrumental in stopping (if I recall correctly,) of a tourist attraction of a tower of some kind that people would have to pay to climb to get a bird's eye view of the park.