Game-Labs Forum

Full List of Battles for both Campaigns

Mored

I like to know all the Battles and maybe their "value" without bonusses.

Example:

Date, type(Major/Minor),Carrer Points,Victory- Money/Recruits/Fame, Draw - Money/Recruits/Fame, Loss - Money/Recruits/Fame (Bonus from winning other battles)

Its nice to know what is next and plan your career and troop composition. I am now at fredricksburg with 85k Men because i dont have weapons for more (10 politics and 10 medicine)

• Like 1

I made my own list of reputation linked bonuses for CSA (just began an Union campaign). It is useful as the relative value can evolve with time. For exemple, for the Lee Enfield rifles you can sometimes get a high ratio of 285 guns per reputation point or later as low as 100 guns per reputation point. Most of the times the late offers are more costly, so it's better to spend early and mid-game. And never forget there's a cap of 100 reputation points.

• Like 1

Reputation may be more valuable as a morale boost than gaining material. Before Bull Run, you have to use it to aquire rifles, maybe a general. After that, stockplie. 

Allow the rep to climb to 100 but never exceed 100 points. Prune it to keep it just below 100. That way, you have plenty of points late in the war when you need them, and your armies morale is consistently higher than the enemy; a valuable trait to have. 

10 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Reputation may be more valuable as a morale boost than gaining material. Before Bull Run, you have to use it to aquire rifles, maybe a general. After that, stockplie. 

Allow the rep to climb to 100 but never exceed 100 points. Prune it to keep it just below 100. That way, you have plenty of points late in the war when you need them, and your armies morale is consistently higher than the enemy; a valuable trait to have. 

In my first campaign as CSA I stockpiled too much and lost points when I reached the 100 points cap because there was nothing worthwhile/useful to buy.

In that sense, it's better to use some points in early/mid-game when building your army and when all the ratios for money, men, arms or generals are the best.

I agree with you that the morale boost you get by stockpiling reputation points is valuable, but you can still get it despite spending a few points (if you win consistently).

• Like 1

I would comment with regards to morale: the maximum bonus, if I were to recall, from reputation is +10 Morale.

In relation to how the enemy scales, most enemies have anywhere in the range of 50-100 morale (1* vs 3*s). If you're already scaling to 3*s, generally speaking the enemy will always have higher morale than the equivalent veterancy of unit (green/regular/veteran/elite), only really matching when all of a unit's stats are 100 in everything. I have no confirmation as to whether underneath the numbers can scale higher or not (I do see in the log files something scary, like 200+ efficiency, but whether it gets pruned down to 100 after loading is a different matter).

Another point about morale: it is the easiest stat the level, by virtue of just the unit being present on the battle map. One will hit 100 morale before you get 100 in any other stat relatively quickly (especially for long battles, where if a unit is not used for the entire 2 hours that you're playing the battle, it will just rack up lots of morale levels).

• Like 1