Game-Labs Forum

Battle richmond/washington major battles or minor?

Nox165

I know that devs have probably designed the maps already and I KNOW that this isn't going to happen... BUT:

I would love to see more battles in the latter half of the war. My primary worry is that after Gettysburg, which feels like it should be the halfway point of sorts, there are only 2 battles and then the finale. Where is Atlanta? Vicksburg? Wilderness? I just feel that the beginning of the war is so more well polished and the end of the war happens so quickly... We're also limited to 1 minor battle per grand battle now. Gettysburg shouldn't be considered "late game" in my opinion. 

I've also seen ideas for this kind of desperation bar, and I think that it would fit in very well with the campaign. At the end everything is totaled up and the war is decided on a total of victories and casualties. This would of course come in conjunction with less casualties and the ability to lose a grand battle but not be devastated (as is the case now) to increase chances of getting to this final stage. However, I have now gone off topic....

Love the game, just wanted to ramble a bit.