Game-Labs Forum

Gettysburg Beyond Day 1

CSX4451

I have played Gettysburg in my CSA campaign and twice in the solo mission. I'm playing at the Brigadier General level and in my campaign I had a one day victory and in the solo campaign I had a victory and a draw as I lost too many troops taking Cemetary Hill at the end of the day.

My question is at what point will the game allow you to continue on to the 2nd and 3rd day? Is it with a failure to secure Cemetary Hill at the end of day one if playing the CSA?

thanks for the help.

aso544

2 hours ago, CSX4451 said:

I have played Gettysburg in my CSA campaign and twice in the solo mission. I'm playing at the Brigadier General level and in my campaign I had a one day victory and in the solo campaign I had a victory and a draw as I lost too many troops taking Cemetary Hill at the end of the day.

My question is at what point will the game allow you to continue on to the 2nd and 3rd day? Is it with a failure to secure Cemetary Hill at the end of day one if playing the CSA?

Yes. 

As CSA, taking any of the core vp's will end up with a victory. So if u take cemetery hill the first day, little round top, cemetery ridge, or culps hill the second, and cemetery hill, ridge, or culps hill the third. That is assuming you meet the other requirements too.

Edited by Zwerty99

Thanks for the info .... I actually played a slower more methodical game today ( historical Gettysburg on BG level) and made it to day 2. I pushed up Round Top and secured it and then kept pressure on Little Round Top while I took the northern objective then worked my way south pushing the union troops as I went till I made the northern base of LRT. I was just about to make my final push to secure LRT from the north and south but the game gave me a victory. 

6DDB95C7-7E8A-4C1D-B615-06BD459E0DF5.JPG

7DD17D50-F7E8-4532-9629-97535F8BCA84.JPG

Edited by CSX4451

Agree.... I forgot to screen shot my campaign victory at Gettysburg ( 1st day) and I can't access it cause when I do it gives me the "under development " message. I'm pretty sure I had about 7k casualties. When playing the CSA, you really have to watch causualties cause number of recruits is always an issue. 

I assume Day 3 is Picketts Charge which I also played on the solo mission twice and got a victory but again I had 13k and 7k casualties for doing it. Based on the slaughter I had on the second day and since you only get 10k recruits for winning at Gettysburg it's a good thing I can get out of there on day 1 or I wouldn't be able to field an army !!!!

I was able to win Gettysburg on Day 1 as the Confederates myself. While I had a number of 2 and 3 star brigades lose close to half their numbers, it was a relief not to have to fight Day 2 and 3. I'm looking forward to replacing the casualties and beefing up my corps for the next patch.

Gett Day 1 VICTORY.jpg

Edited by Garyjd