Game-Labs Forum

game crashes

Ligatorswe

Apparently the game does not like that I win. :-)

I bought the game yesterday and have played about six games. Two of them ended with a freeze. The game crashed and the computer froze. The first one (approaching Gettysburg) the second was fight over two hills in custom battle. I played CSA and was winning.

Tne thing annoys me. Normaly when a game crashes I can still shut the game window down by using the task manager (win 8). But I cannot do that with this game. So when the game crashes I have to restart the computer.

It would be good to have the possibility to use task manager while the game still is in alpha and beta and is tested. 

(I read on Steam that many more have problems with crashing game at the moment.)

So the alternate render solves it. Well, I did not like the alternate render at all, so I hope that the problem gets solved soon.

(I know it is an early release so I dont care much. i want to help the developers. But some others might get pissed off.)

I honestly didn't notice any difference at all between the normal rendering and the alternate rendering.

Also, I've played normal without freezes (occasionally, but 80% of the times it does freeze)... yet the alt rendering did it for me. Happy it did for you too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A new hotfix should be released soon, hang tight.

Narrowing down individual problems of this kind is a pain in the azz, unfortunately it takes many reports, from different rigs, to understand what's going on.

I had freezes, 2 patches ago, then no more. A li'l patience more! :huh: