Game-Labs Forum

This is a thought that has been kicking around for a long time in our clan,  None of us really like the way fire ships are implemented right now so i would like to suggest removing the ability to disable survival wail a ship is on fire.  It is ridiculous that a ships with 600 people on it can be ordered to not fight a fire and blow up with the loss of all hands.  I enjoy a good explosion as much as most but this mechanic leads to bad behavior among players, much like when we had large amounts of ramming damage.  What I would not mind is an actual class of ship for fire ships that can be set on fire by the player but has the crew abandon ship after.  This way people could not feather the fire by activating and deactivating survival over and over to control the bomb.

As an example port battle at Bridgetown, the swedes engage in green on green to light their bomb and send it in to the British fleet, green on green is 6 min in, there is also the use of rotating on and off survival to control a fire ship.  This is here rather then in the tribunal because I don't care about anyone being punished, what i want is this mechanic changed.  I feel like ships blowing up should be something that happens to de-crewed ships rather then intentionally to healthy ones.  In real life the captain is obliged to preserve the lives of his men when possible not tell them to close their eyes and think of England wail he drives in to the enemy fleet on fire in a perfectly healthy ship.

Edited by Augustus Charles Hobart H
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

+ it's not a tribunal case. the player knew we would fire on him and he agreed on it. He even said we should shoot him more. :) 

But as in every topic i agree that fireships are too strong and i want them to be changed too.

That doesn't make it any better for you ......

47 minutes ago, GeneralPas said:

That doesn't make it any better for you ......

Calm your titties - until the mechanics are fixed and this not being an exploit there is no reason to be angry about a good fireship. Nonetheless the mechanic does need a change as Charles is right - a cpatain should not be happily sailing into his fiery doom.

I dislike this talk of removing any feature that enables for varied or custom gameplay! If you enter into a pb with a fireship or two surely that's your right otherwise every battle would be clones of the one before!

I still love using my hamburger as a boarding fire ship. On my second now, I die, your crew dies, your ship enters canoe stage and you 9times out of ten loose your first rate. (to my friends) 

Please don't remove it, best part of my day

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1