Game-Labs Forum

My 2-cents on port battles

I would like to put my 2 cents on the current state of the game in refernce to the latest patch level.
I think that with the lastest patch we have shot ourselves in the foot. The goals of creating a game is to provide enjoyment and interest in the game play, secondly increase your profits by gaining new players and holding on the the existing player base. It appears that since the last patch we have lost considerable amount of the population due the changes that has made this game less enjoyable.
Port Battle
The port battle mechanic changed drastically from the Conquest Flag to the Hostility level by region. This changed the Port Battle to almost none existence, maybe at best 1-2 a day. We are mostly grinding to reach the 100% Hostility level or to prevent another nation from reaching it. Port battles is one of the big inpacts to the game fun factor due the the number of players involved and should be revisited in the next patch.
The Conquest Flag mechanics had it downsides like multiple flags opened for diversion tactics, single player ports battle during slow times. This is my suggestion for that.
1. Only Clans and Invitation group can buy a Conquest flag. A single individual cannot buy a flag by himself, he would have to be part of a invited group then be able to purchase a flag. This would limit the single person port battles. The invite group should have a minimum size set, say a 5
2. Limit the number of Conquest flags,say 4, that a clan can open in a day. This limit would force the Clans to plan their port battles more carefully so not to waste it on diversionary tactics.
3. Each player not part of a clan is allocated 1 flag per day but as stated above he have to a member of an invited group to make the purchase.
4. As a nation you can buy any amount of Flags in 24hr period but only 2 initiated port battles can be active any time.
As I stated this is my 2 cents. I can go on to the trading and resource allocation but that is for another day.