Game-Labs Forum

Idea to revive trafalgar/ large battle

I have to say i some times miss the old trafalagar battles (from begin of open world till early EA). I understand why nobody is willing to risk thier Sol for just fun big Battles anymore.

So i was thinking about how to limit losses in those Battles but still keep them meaning full. I come up with the following idea:

If you get sunk in a large battle you won't loss the last dura on your ship (so you can use your precious 1st and 2nd rates or other cap ships) but if you sink you will loss the regular modules you have on that ship. Unless you have more then one dura then you won't lose the moduls but one dura. And maybe you wil need to pay the repairs and crew losses form these battles (even if you don't sink).

To avoid the battles used for farming/expoiting fast exp maybe limit them to 1 or 2 times a day at prime hours or a weekly event (and maybe with no pb beening setup up for the same time).

I think the random team setup might be a good community building thing and a nice change form the normal us vs them thinking.

And a good gain vs loss/ risk makes it all more interessting with out being prohibitly expensive. It also gives a second live to one dura ships and a sink for cheap modules (up to fine).

Please see this post as an impulse to get back a part of this game that keep me going for a big part of the pre EA OW test phase.

• Like 4

I do miss the trafalgars my self as well, the trafalgards i tried to run after the EA release werent as fun IMHO as before, and i believe that is partially due to the loosing of ships(people wouldnt go balls deep like they would pre EA), This together with a lobby system i think would do wonders! I have said that if we get a lobby system i will restart the trafalgars again, if we get something like this, might be enough for me as well!

• Like 2