Game-Labs Forum

(easy) Display lost cannons

Just a minor quibble, but I think it should be more obvious when cannons are lost.

Ideally we might simply display cannon count somewhere and then do something like:

12 8

The ship had 12 cannons on that side of that deck and now it has 8.

Currently you can glean lost cannons by seeing how many reload but when you're firing them as fast as they come online it's not obvious you've lost some.

Just thinking that players might react better if they better understood the damage they were taking.

Might add this to the ship paperdoll in the upper left.

(I assume replacing "cannons" with "wrecked cannons" in the ship model would be too much to ask.)

• Like 2

would be really cool but not so easy to do, to have X small circles in the bot-middle screen where X are the number of ur cannons divided per decks.

each circle corresponds to a cannon and is filled independently of the other while it is being recharged.

in each circle shows the number of men currently used to recharge the gun that is greater depending on the type of gun (long, medium, carronade), and to return to your question, the destroyed cannon will appear with a red X on the circle.

at the moment is bad to see the circle of deck filling up and then when it's over u have only half of ur guns loaded cause u have no enough man to reload all cannons, would be cool to see from the START of the reloading how many guns u will have ready to fire and WHICH one u will have ready (front or back guns)

Edited by elite92

I don't ever look at that model on the top left.  I just pay attention to the bottom numbers for crew, and guns. 

That is funny I actually watch that as most folks have one deck locked and not in use.  So if I see them reload and it says 16 - 20 I know they are 4 gun short on one side.  The only issue I have is when I send a double charge right up there stern and kill cannons it's nice to know if I just took out the stern gun or was it just some random other cannon.  Other wise the only way to know right now is when they fire back at you lol.