Game-Labs Forum

Battle Delayed/Firing ranges seem broken

Riekopo

Battle Delayed is only supposed to happen when units are still charging or a victory point is being contested. However, I get Battle Delayed almost every scenario even when those things aren't happening. It really annoys me because I do well and should win and proceed to the next scenario, but I end up having to fight until the red bar fills and all my units get decimated.

Also, I see my units firing at enemies outside of their supposed range all the time. This is confusing and isn't explained. 

With the Battle Delayed, I found that the game has a very liberal definition of what is a 'contested' objective. Try moving more troops onto objectives you already hold, I have found that can help pushing the game into agreeing that you do in fact hold all objectives, and triggers the countdown.

Riekopo hi,

I have replied to you about firing lines here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/306660/discussions/0/619568794058300391/#c619568794073002596

About battle delay you have made another thread as well.

I will reply to you here as Paul, that battle delay happens if the below occurs:

"A battle timer is displayed at the top middle of the screen. The game may be paused by clicking the button. The time remaining in the battle phase is indicated by the green bar. The phase normally ends if the green bar is full. However, if the player or the AI is in the middle of charging or if a capture point is contested, the end of the battle will be delayed. In that case, the green bar will begin to refill with red. The battle then ends when one of the following is true: either the actions that caused the delay have ended, or the red bar becomes full and the maximum delay is reached."
This is mentioned in the game guide.

Proximity that determines if an objective is contested or not is not standard (it is determined of the objective area) so this may confuse you in some battles.

There are enemy units charging around the Bender's farm. In this case the battle will be delayed. When charges stop and the 2 sides remain in the positions shown, the battle will finish in the next 2-3 minutes.

No, I'm pretty sure they weren't charging. They had attacked my men and had fallen back then they were trying to move to the 500 VP objective. 

Edit: I've literally never played a battle that didn't get delayed until the red bar was full. So what ends up happening every battle is that all of my units get decimated. There's definitely something wrong with the mechanic.