Game-Labs Forum

more kinds of ships

what about ketches and xebecs? we want more triangular sails! and also galleon or riot!

What type of Galleon are you after? I assume you are looking for a late 17th Century early 18th, even then what type would you like, its a bit like asking for a generic ship of the line :D?

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

galleons are as far away as the bismarck to beeing ingame.

Not even the mid to late 17th century ships are considered viable for the game.

Its a pity (in some cases - Id never support galleons tho) but at one point the devs had to decide about the timeframe.

A dutch 80 gunner like the 7 provincien does pack an equal punch as the HMS Bellona. Her main gundeck beeing even heavier than the brit's.

I generally support ship variety. However I do not support having two same classified ships with slightly different appearance. Not as of now. La Fama is one of the ships I consider a nice addition when the devs have some spare time. For now we have Agamemnon which features a near identical artillery.

The game's lineup lacks quite a few ship represents. The devs are filling in the gaps slowly but surely.

Next patch will feature two 24lb frigates. Interesting (maybe questionable) choice and I sure hope they play quite a bit different.

I do not always understand the devs' choices for the ship priorities.

Modeling ships myself I do however understand that some ships' sources are a lot more detailed thatn others and enable you to model vessels quicker than you can do with only a few plans present.

About Surprise:

She is the former "L'unité" which was capped by the brits and renamed hms surprise.

It is also the frigate which Jack Aubrey is sailing in the famous movie and novels

I never realized btw. She was the ship, cutting out the "santa secilia" or "HMS Hermione" which was unter the control of british mutineers and given to the spanish authorities..

• Like 1

I generally support ship variety. However I do not support having two same classified ships with slightly different appearance. Not as of now. La Fama is one of the ships I consider a nice addition when the devs have some spare time. For now we have Agamemnon which features a near identical artillery.

They are very different ships though, much more so than say the Essex and Trincomalee, Agamemnon is going to be notably tougher while Fama would behave much more like a frigate so should be faster and more agile. I feel like the game would benefit a lot from taking more of an approach trying to focus around expanding different play styles and tactical use of ships over broadside weights and visual experiences. I'd much rather see things like this than as you mentioned later in the same post where you have Santa Secilia and Hermone, and while I do like the up and coming ships it is a bit of a shame in some ways that HMS Indefatigable is just a cut down Agamemnon. We do need a few more 4th rates, that's very obvious, especially as we are looking to get hold of some new 3rds soon, likely the Temeraire class and a Spanish 3rd rate, I shall just have to continue throwing some more plans out and filling in more research as I go :)

I am also hopeful, although I am not sure how much I should be that the devs actually do have quite a few ships up their sleeves for release, while this will probably be proven wrong there was a post on the up coming patch thread that seems to give some potential that they are holding at least a few ships back until we go full early next year. Failing that I did see that the modelling was only a small part of getting the ship out there and the real work comes with the testing, but as the team gets more used to testing more varieties of ships they should probably see more getting drafted through, we are most definitely seeing more in production now than I feel like we have ever had before.

I guess its all a big guessing game, presenting some interesting proposals, maybe the dutch will finally get their ship too :D

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

I would like to see that the nation you choose represents your ships colours.

By colours I mean ships side line were applicable.

But a Ketch should be included, ie for bombardment from the sea.

Most other classes seem to be Included for the period set.

Good day Gentlemen.