Game-Labs Forum

Minimum clicks for Epic CSA victory on day 1 a.m. - rev 0.96

RichardMcCor

Rev 0.96

AI is Union on Cautious

I started looking to document the fewest clicks possible to win as CSA on day 1 with an epic victory (i.e. capture most of the VP) - 11 clicks get the win sometimes.

So far works on Union Cautious which of course is not the best AI General in the world. I also hope this will NOT WORK as the AI develops. 11 Clicks normally wins but not always as sometimes even the cautious AI does something a little different and takes a VP back. Maybe someone else can improve on this.

I use the group troops and cntrl right click into a formation method of moving them to keep clicks down to a min at the expense of the lack of micro-management.

1. Group ARTY with Heth Skirmishers into group 1

2. Group Davis and Archer and Commander into group 2

3. Cntrl Right Click Group 2  and line 'em up with Archer in that wood to his front right - CLICK 1

4. Cntrl Right Click Group 1 onto the Herr Ridge (basically bunch 'em up a bit with Heth in front) - CLICK 2

5. Wait for AI to route his skirmishers away from group 2 with his failed hit and run tactics

6. Cntrl Right Click Group 2 onto Oak RIdge - Point them South. Set them up just south of the VP. Sometimes Commander gets left behind in this move. Ah well. - CLICK 3

7. Cntrl Right Click Group 1 onto McPherson Ridge with Heth just to east of Ridge - CLICK 4

8. Group Petigrew, Brockenburg into Group 3

9. Cntrl Right Click Group 3 onto Oak Ridge right behind Group 2 - CLICK 5

10. Select Group 2 and drag them down to the south VP just above where Cuttler and IB are sitting (if they have moved up then don't go so far down) keep em in the woods for good cover - NOte, if Commander got left behind he is now asked to catch up with this click. - CLICK 6

11. Select Group 3 and drag them down to the south VP - keep em in the woods - CLICK 7

12. Wait for Cuttler and IB and the other boys in blue if they have arrived to route away a little

13. Move Group 3  onto the South VP - CLICK 8 - they just wait now and hopefully hold off the Union.

14. Move Archer back to Oak Ridge - CLICK 9 - AI often moves Baxter up to Oak Ridge so this stops that. This leaves Davis just north of the south VP but he can just about reach the Union troops so does support the defense.

15. Select your new ARTY as Group 4

16. Cntrl Right Click Group 4 onto Herr Ridge - CLICK 10

17. Select Heth Skirmishers and move them back to Herr Ridge - CLICK 11 - Normally Heth and Group 4 ARTY will defend Herr Ridge against all the videttes etc and the group 1 ARTY on McPherson Shelling also keeps their morale low.

18. Wait for EPIC VICTORY

19. Note I did not capture Oak Hill but it seems for an EPIC victory you do not need to on scenario 1 day 1 a.m.

well... sometimes clicking on Dunkirk and not clicking on Stalingrad (just 2 clicks) could win the war. 

Personally i see 11 concise, carefully planned orders taking into account terrain, ai composition and routes and vp locations. 

well... sometimes clicking on Dunkirk and not clicking on Stalingrad (just 2 clicks) could win the war. 

Personally i see 11 concise, carefully planned orders taking into account terrain, ai composition and routes and vp locations. 

You are right, on other AI types this also does not work as AI reacts better than with Cautious