Game-Labs Forum

Dragged into combat on enemy side by Ally

Yesterday I was sailing with my Swedish Bellona towards Gustavia when I spotted an allied Danish Player in his Santissima hunting an AI Trader ship nearby Fort Baai. A few moments later my screen turned black.... Starting Combat...

When the battle started I found myself on the enemy side of the (allied) Danish Player together with the AI trader.

Fortunately the Danish player was aware of the Danish-Swedish alliance and was nontheless busy chasing down the AI trader.

I reported this bug with F11 as it shouldn't be the case that your own ALly can drag you into combat forcing you on the enemy side.

IGN: Joernson

Server: PvP 1

Edited by Guest

Yeah, there are some weird potential bugs with the pull circle and the Alliance mechanic.

Here-be-Trouble

Who do we pull to which side?

If a French tags a Danish and an Independent/Pirate sail next to them. On whose side does the Independent/Pirate end up?

Or if two Clans decide to go to war, but they are allied on Nations, whose side gets the other Nationals sailing along?

As for Outlaws, they can be considered 1 man Clans.

I think the only solution is having a multi-sided battle in which each Clan forms a side. Then let the RoE stances dictate who you are allowed to shoot.

Well, we have a week to ponder the issue.

I'm not entirely sure the same applies to the scenario you sketched though.

Was it a contraband ship?

for the alliance system contraband ships can be attacked and might pull you in to protect the contraband vessel carrying valuable goods for your nation :)

but we will check

I'm not 100% sure about it but most likely that was the case yes :)

The question is what counts more... The alliance of two nations(Players) or the relationship to a "friendly" (ai) smuggler ;) In case I would have attacked the Dane it could have a bad influence on the relationship between two allied nations. In this particular case not really but it could cause a conflict in worst case I would say.

@Edit

Yes, alliance was active at this Point.

Edited by Guest