Game-Labs Forum

French players joing my british side in battle to cripple my ship for pirates

First of all, yes I know about this statement:

Friendly fire is punished by an automatic system that issues negative XP and, with enough friendly sinkings, an XP reset and/or the offender being sent to the Pirate faction.

And I also know, that maybe in the future this will not be possible, if our two factions aren't allied (Can still happen if we are allied, see all these alt incidents and I thnik for pirates it will be a problem everytime). But still this needs to be punished I think, cause it is nothing for a higher rank to get some negative xp and the reset only comes into play if he is sinking someone. But this behaviour is actual griefing and absolutely dishonorable and game destroying for other players. Especially if this happens to new ones, who certainly will lose their interest in the game if this happens on a regular basis.

Now to the incident:

I was sailing in british Surprise N of Plymouth and wanted to dock at the port. I was trailing a pirate privateer from the BLACK clan, who also wanted to dock at the port. I wasn't really chasing him, we just had the same course. Then I saw a pirate Renommee from the DDC clan in front of Plymouth sailing into my direction. There was also the french Bucentaure of [FLR]DesMoines sitting in front of Plymouth. I saw that the pirate Reno will try to tag me and after he did I tried to evade him, cause there were other Pirates of DDC in the vicinity and suddenly some french Lineships came out of the port. The Bucentaure of DesMoines and some other ship I can't remeber also tagged me. Ok, I thought this will be a gank and I didn't really care because I positioned myself to have a good chance to escape in the battle instance. 

In the battle the tag of the Reno wasn't the best. The rest of the pirates also joined and I was against 4 pirate Renommees and an AI Rattle. To my surprise the french Bucentaure of [FLR]DesMoines and the St. Pavel of [MRF]bonetto joined on my side. Naive as I was I turned away from my escape course but almost immediately got shot by both french players, who were close to me of course. They targeted my Rigging and managed to destroy my mainmast very quickly. After achieving there goal to cripple my, so that the pirates can sink me they left the battle, commenting: "well...now he is yours"

The pirates then sunk my ship. But this isn't the point. It's just a pixel ship and a cheap one. But this kind of behaviour is frustrating and can lead to an in general very frustrating game in the future if the punishment for that (ingame mechanics or through the tribunal) isn't severely enough. Mainly I want to appeal to all players to think about this subject. Every sailor of every faction should condemn this playstyle. Cause the main reason they did it, was, that apparantly other british players also play unfair (in this case hiding in battle screen was mentioned).

This is a general problem in the game. Unfair playing on all sides which lead to even more unfair playing because everybody does it and obviously the punishment for that isn't appropriate and doesn't result in a lessons learned, since you can read all those accusations and complains daily in nation or global chat. We have battle screen camping after a gank. We have complains about the resulting revenge fleets. Defenders of ganks say you can defense tag (which other players hate) or position yourself better to escape in battle (where this behaviour described in my complain will still fuck you anyhow).

I don't have a perfect or good solution to all of this, but we definitely have to discuss this more. But after a very short discussion in global chat, it seems that some players appreciate this playstyle or just make fun of you (some of them even testers, for whatever reason). It's like talking to a wall. We have to come to a point where this will be condemned. I don't know if we need ingame mechanics for that or not. But something has to change.

I am not a new player and I can live with it. I won't leave the game because on its own it's just a minor incident. But regarding the whole game world and all players it sums up. How will new guys react to this if it happens more than once, because somebody is pissed about someone else?

post-326-0-19948500-1471271546_thumb.png

post-326-0-06759700-1471271563_thumb.png

post-326-0-01607000-1471271582_thumb.png

post-326-0-80110800-1471271601_thumb.png

post-326-0-00210400-1471271620_thumb.png

post-326-0-82967900-1471271638_thumb.png

• Like 3

Since this is tribunal and it has been answered by Admin this thread will be locked and as this is tribunal the rules of tribunals apply so if you question why the post was removed... well you werent the accused or accusee.

If you want to continue discussion, please do so in the appropriate sub forum.