Game-Labs Forum

BR Difference Threshold should not include OW AI Fleets

Title pretty much says it all.  OW BR Difference will prevent you from attacking another player.  When you're in a Lynx, pretty much anything puts a Trader's Lynx over that threshold, so that all the TLynx has to do is find an AI and hug it all the way to the next port.

Ideally, the OW AI Fleets would not be included in calculating this difference.  Had one TLynx escape me simply because he found an AI LGV to hug all the way in, a vessel which, had the battle started, would have immediately pointed down wind and sailed away!

• Like 2

The BR rule isn't perfect. We had some good fun with it being disabled during the Honduras campaign. However it got, for lack of a better word, abused and thus admin had to hotfix it back in.

Now Pete has also shown a shortcoming of the rule. So I think we need to take another look.

If you take a risk with a tag, you should be getting a battle out of it. Tagging fleets with a Basic Cutter is just horsesh*t.

• 1 month later...

In similar vain the BR rule in a Battle Instance would need to be addressed as well.

Or else you'll see some very naive British Flag Captain, sailing for the Jamaican Defense Force, who can't even identify flags, after many many months of shore leave, file a Tribunal for such a thing. :P

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13465-danish-fleet-vanishes-before-battle-commences/

[edit] I forgot to note, this all assuming flags are going to be goners. :)

Edited by Skully

Argh, got baited.

I would think it was the player personal fleet BR. Those are really a game breaker. At the very least have them but they shouldn't count their BR when player is attacked.

Regarding the roaming NPC fleets I personally see their use IF player fleets would be removed with the exemple you just gave.

Before the fleets, the traders would do that and didn't bother me much. I consider it taking advantage of the "landscape".