Game-Labs Forum

Can we please get some answers (Ship Building/Trims)

InversoSk3lo

Yeah hi, chasing definite, whole and truthful answers on the difference between 'Planking' and 'Build Strength' when building or buying a ship. Some actual numbers would be fantastic if possible.

So I've researched and apparently one source says that Planking increases the size (thickness) of the armor and decreases the amount and severity of leaks while another states that it only provides leak protection. (my personal research finds the latter to be true) Where as 'Build Strength' provides increased "Structure HP" (there is a difference - one gives a figure of eg. Santisima, Structure - 11400 next it is Armour - 75) only and does not increase the armor thickness in anyway but at a cost to speed.

I'm looking for answers because I want my ship to be strong no matter the cost and if Planking does provide Armor Thickness rather then Structure HP at an equal cost to Build Strength then I personally would choose Armor over HP.

Please Respond to this.

Regards

Commodore InversoSk3lo.

That answers quite well why some of us favour Teak over Oak and Planking over Strength. You nail it perfectly on your assessment.

You can run tests versus the 24 pounders using Constitutions in the duel room. You will get more answers than a simple post, honest.

You can run tests versus the 24 pounders using Constitutions in the duel room

Well, if there is actually another person in the duel room with the same ship. This did not happen the last few times I tried that.

While this is a good personal method of testing, perhaps an answer, and if we're lucky, some numbers from a developer would also suffice. Perhaps even more so, as we can make more accurate and educated choices based on said facts, rather then personal experiences.

Please note that I am not renouncing your methods nor your own personal experiences. I am merely suggesting that a formal method of reply would prove more useful and to more people.

Edited by InversoSk3lo
  • Like 1

Planking provides leak protection, Build Strength provides increased Structure HP only and does not increase the armor thickness.

If you want to increase the armor thickness, choose either teak or live oak wood type

• Like 1