Game-Labs Forum

PvP EU 1 player looking for Spain Clan that accepts English speakers

Ahoy there,

as hinted at by the topic, I sail for his most august majesty, the king of Spain on PVP EU 1, and am looking for a clan that might accept me.

Alas, I don't speak or write Spanish to a degree that would work for Chat or Teamspeak, so I am looking for a clan that can handle English-speaking members. Or German, for that matter.

In game name: Don Cristobal Sotavento

current rank: Capitán de Fragata

current ship: Surprise

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cordially,

Kapitänleutnant Lothar Lautenschläger,

Bündische Marine

Edited by Kpt Lautenschlaeger

I have friends (my old clan) who left spain because the spanish speakers were not very english-speaker friendly, or there was a massive language barrier, from the sounds of it.  I hope you do find an english group, but your luck may be best tried in another nation.

Its natural that spanish speakers tends to play as spain and communicate in that languaje, as its natural that french do the same with france, danish with denmark and so on. That doesnt exclude the fact that there are players that communicate in english in those nations and, thankfully, those player have grown in with the time. So, if you are looking for such a clan, I would encourage you to do it ingame in the chat and Im sure you will found plenty of people.

In addition, a lot of the spannish speakers community are capable to answer in english and thwy will be willing to help you with everything.

It is also true that the core spanish clan are spannish speakers and therefore it would be hard to know where the action will be in advance (spies ghost is always there). We used to have some russian, german, french and other nationalities clan but for some reason they have dessapear.

Gracias, CeltiberoCaesar, I wll follow your advice and try my luck on the national chat.

Reading Spanish is fine, and I can keep up with writing in the OW. I'm just worried that my Castellano will not stand the test of battle, where communication is by neccessity spoken and fast, and misunderstandings are fatal.

• Like 2

Meant it more as some sneaky recruitment for us Swedes or the Dutch, since they run almost everything  in English while having quite a few Germans around as well.  :P

Meant it more as some sneaky recruitment for us Swedes or the Dutch, since they run almost everything in English while having quite a few Germans around as well. :P

Same side of the great war... Kill the british, they dont wont to be in the same club as the other.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

Same side of the great war... Kill the british, they dont wont to be in the same club as the other.

Maybe it's the "Great War" to you guys, all we ever wanted to do was to help the Dutch punish the pirates who have been ganking players in the Dutch homewaters for months and months.

Maybe it's the "Great War" to you guys, all we ever wanted to do was to help the Dutch punish the pirates who have been ganking players in the Dutch homewaters for months and months.

Dont make up stories, you know what is this about. Keep on the topic, this is about english speakers spanish clans.

Dont make up stories, you know what is this about. Keep on the topic, this is about english speakers spanish clans.

Which is why telling an english/german speaker that he could simply join any of the english/german nations instead was perfectly on point - followed by a mad scrambling about "Kill the british! Don't join them, they're on the same side!", and now calling me a liar.

Disappointing, had a pretty good impression of the spaniards til now. Oh well, carry on then.

Which is why telling an english/german speaker that he could simply join any of the english/german nations instead was perfectly on point - followed by a mad scrambling about "Kill the british! Don't join them, they're on the same side!", and now calling me a liar.

Disappointing, had a pretty good impression of the spaniards til now. Oh well, carry on then.

Hahahahaha dont be a victimist, you came here with propaganda trying to get the player and I answer you with the same role speach. No offense given.

Btw, we h ave a german clan in spain, I have no contact with them but they are still there, they even have a TS room in our national channel.

Gl&hf

Indeed? German would work for me, obviously. Could you provide me with the address for the German teamspeak room? Maybe I can make contact there. 

As for my in-game national preferences: I have chosen to be Spanish for role-playing reasons. I see the obvious benefits of turning British, but that's what everyone does, so where's the fun?   :P

Plus this may actually be a convenient way of dusting off what little command I have of the Spanish language.

Edited by Kpt Lautenschlaeger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2016. 07. 31. at 5:42 AM, EL LOCO said:

Hello

I am English speaking playing SPAIN and the Spanish know that I speak little Spanish so it is never a problem.   We just started a Clan   CAZA    Cazadores  .    We all speak English.. PVP and RVR mostly.

Hello El Loco,

Is the CAZA Cazadores clan active yet? If yes, where can I find your homepage on Internet? (You can send it in pm for me.)

Thank you very much in advance!