Game-Labs Forum

Production in Enemy Outposts

I'd like to suggest making production buildings a possibility in enemy ports. 

Perhaps with a percentage of all materials and gold  from enemies of the lord protector going directly to the lord protector's account or storage as along as the protector has an outpost there?

I really liked the production from enemy ports while it was a thing, and it fit with the smuggler thing. Smuggler could even be tweaked to make it more expensive to craft or purchase materials.

Aside from giving the lord protectors a meaningfull role, wich i support, i dont like this idea at all. It would give even less meaning to owning any port as a nation and people will have even less incentive to fight over them. Everyone operates out of freetowns already these days and gold is easy to get/farm. Allowing players to produce and craft in enemy ports would anihilate any reason to own any port beside your capitol (from a national perspective)

Edited by Jack Frost
  • Like 1

Aside from giving the lord protectors a meaningfull role, wich i support, i dont like this idea at all. It would give even less meaning to owning any port as a nation and people will have even less incentive to fight over them. Everyone operates out of freetowns already these days and gold is easy to get/farm. Allowing players to produce and craft in enemy ports would anihilate any reason to own any port beside your capitol (from a national perspective)

compared to what meaning now though? Whats the purpose of owning a port when not even the people who own it use it?

compared to what meaning now though? Whats the purpose of owning a port when not even the people who own it use it?

Nothing, and that needs to be adressed. But this is not the way IMO.

Once defenses will be added, i belive they will be upgradable aswell at some point. Investing into a port will atleast make people care for a port. Then later down the road there will most likely be an econ overhaul (was included in priorities list).

I propose that production and crafting should become possible in allied ports. We will need to wait out the diplo patch though.

I think at the moment you can already create contracts in enemy ports. Which is more than enough for my smuggling efforts. :P