Game-Labs Forum

3rd rates instead of 4th rates in PB's

I think the normal portbattles would be alot better if there were 3rd rates fighting instead of 4th rates. Portbattles are a big deal and the 4th rates seem too puny for a PB. 3rd rates would make things alot more interesting because it would make lines and communication a bit more important in my opinion. It would also make the game more fun I believe considering most players prefer battling in great Bellonas and 3rd rates and not connies and ingermanlands. There used to be alot of these 3rd rate battles in the past when everyone didn't have a 1st rate, and people seemed to enjoy those battles.

Anyways these are just my thoughts on the subject so let me know what you think. 

• Like 2

Personally I like that there are no SOL's in the normal deep ports, they make it a bit more of a skirmish and even a little chaotic, I am an avid player of SOL's but I think they should keep the current system the have in regards to what ships can participate. and also with the new experimental crew patch they are adding it would be impractical to have 3rd rates in those battles.

• Like 1

I would also like that normal port battles should be 3rd rates, as constitutions/ingermanland fights are... weird really. These kind of ships are a bit odd and should be a rare sight, as opposed to 3rd rates being the bread & butter of any navy.

Edited by Azzak
  • Like 1