Game-Labs Forum

Player Statistics visible on post battle screen

Idea is to see who really made a contribution in a given battle. we currently have # of kills and # of assists. 

I'd like to see some more detail.

Here're some ideas:

- Total number of canon balls shot

- Total number of canon balls hit (at least 1 dmg, bounces are not taken into account here)

- Total amount of damage

* total hull

* total sails

* total crew

* total canons taken out (? not sure about this last one)

- Total distance covered

- Total damage taken (some figure consolidating hull + sails + crew to be used for ranking among all players present)

- # of captured ships

* value of total BR

• Like 2

guns are already counted so np

you have sails, masts you take down, guns, hits, kills, leaks, assists, crew now

The difference is-I think-he wants to be able to see a list at the end of battle that ranks players according to all these stats. So you can see your teammates' stats (and your enemies'), and compare without asking on teamspeak. 

I don't disapprove of the idea, though I think one would have to be careful how one designs a list like that or it gets confusing and useless to most. But just the kills and assists doesn't say that much. You can be the guy who runs around the battle and shoots at everyone to get 20 assists. It looks great on the results screen but you may have been the most useless guy in the fight if you didn't help focus fire at all, just concentrating on your own stats and personal rewards. While if you go in and straight up board 5 enemy ships to take them out of the fight, you get no kills and no assists, but you may be the most useful guy in the fight.

I'm not sure battle results statistics can ever truly reflect this in a meaningful manner though.