Game-Labs Forum

Video issues

kamel

Having some problem getting NA to run properly on my kids PC.    Core 2 due 8500.  8 gig Ram  Currently a ATI 7700 video card, but also tried a ATI 6870, and a some other thing I had lying around that I forget.  I've done a fresh install of windows 7.  Updated video drivers, MB driver.  Changed monitor and cable.  Changed vid card twice.

Cannot figure what is wrong.  Other games play fine.  diagnostics say vid card is fine.  Its just NA that won't behave.

post-22835-0-42465500-1464658691_thumb.jpgpost-22835-0-53773600-1464658696_thumb.jpgpost-22835-0-41540800-1464658708_thumb.jpgpost-22835-0-62138700-1464658713_thumb.jpg

Having some problem getting NA to run properly on my kids PC.    Core 2 due 8500.  8 gig Ram  Currently a ATI 7700 video card, but also tried a ATI 6870, and a some other thing I had lying around that I forget.  I've done a fresh install of windows 7.  Updated video drivers, MB driver.  Changed monitor and cable.  Changed vid card twice.

Cannot figure what is wrong.  Other games play fine.  diagnostics say vid card is fine.  Its just NA that won't behave.

attachicon.gif26.jpgattachicon.gif37.jpgattachicon.gif45.jpgattachicon.gif46.jpg

Could you write what is the temperature of CPU, GPU, etc.?

Temp is within normal operating levels.  50 ish degrees.

I ran a stress test on it that hiked it up much higher than that.  [without incident]

Same video card works fine in another computer with the game.

did you check the game for corrupted files?

go into your steam library, rightklick the game -> properties -> local files

In there you look out for "verify integrity of game chache" -> klick that

steam will tell you if your game has corrupted data and it will repair those.

Any suggestion of other games that use similar graphics?  I ran up Goat Simulator and Minecraft.  No problems.  [Hey, I'm scratching for stuff I can load on...  and I don't want to  download World of Tanks...]

These kind of bugs usually are fixed either by set Compatibility with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action) or turning AMD crossfireX off

Spoke too soon.  Tried turning back on some of the stuff that I'd turned off in BIOS.  Guess its trial and error to see what's causing the issue.

Also, how do you set Compatibility with Windows 7 when I'm already running windows 7?  There is no Crossfire option to disable either...  probably because I'm using a single card.

Edit : Found the compatibility tab.

Edited by kamel

Quick question, You got the monitor connected to Graphics card or motherboard? Try to make sure that the motherboard GPU is disabled(if there is one present), maybe that is what is causing your issues(somehow)