Game-Labs Forum

attach and detach my brigades to corp commander

RichardMcCor

When can i attach or detach brigades from my corps commander.

In the game sometimes a unit starts attached and i can move them by double clicking the commander and moving the whole lot but then they seem to lose that connection and i can get it back.

I want to be able to play at corps commander level and only click that unit to move all brigades attached.

Can I do that?

Rich

aha! So perhaps when the game starts a general has certain units grouped to him by default. Certainly that seems to happen as i can click him and drag whole groups of units around before doing any group assignments.

Then later when I double click him he forgets all those that were attached before and groups only those around him.

That makes it seems like he forgets the original attachments as he is now attached to only those in this command radius.

Perhaps you should allow an option to make him just attach to those units in his corps. I think you know who they are in the game as they glow green.

I want to keep my corps commander focused on this corp and move them around.

It depends on what you mean by "attach" and "detach".

If you mean that the brigade in question is put into or taken out of a corps commander's chain of command, the game does not allow for that from what I've seen.

"Grouping" units together does not put them into the same chain of command; it just allows you to give all those unit grouped together the same marching orders at the same moment.

That makes it seems like he forgets the original attachments as he is now attached to only those in this command radius.

In this case assign the selected units to a group, using the Group button. You can have up to 5 assigned groups.