Game-Labs Forum

Marines more than basic useless the way they are

AFAIK, 40% marines means that a crew of 200 counts as a crew of 280. Seems to me that a crew of 450 should be able to win against 280, so long as they don't always choose the least advantageous option in boarding.

Would a similarly inept captain lose against a crew of 220? Maybe. I'm not sure, but it sounds plausible. Could have been a closer result.

Do you have a source on that? Because my Trinc with 341 crew was not able to defeat a 260 crew LGV with just 20% marines despite me doing stuff like attack into brace. Marines are way stronger than just 2:1

"devs said" good source. My experience tells me otherwise.

Are you willing to test this theory?

Edited by Quineloe

AFAIK the devs once said that marines count as 2 men in boarding. So 200 men with 40% marines is as strong as 280 men.

That might be true with only the marines. Makes sense. Add all the other candy like barricades and proper musketry and they are worth more than 2 men.

Marines on their own are okay but if anyone going to use them it makes sense to enhance their capability. They carry muskets already and give full prep.

That might be true with only the marines. Makes sense. Add all the other candy like barricades and proper musketry and they are worth more than 2 men.

Marines on their own are okay but if anyone going to use them it makes sense to enhance their capability. They carry muskets already and give full prep.

That screenshot up there was taken with a basic surprise, no other upgrades but the marines

They're pretty incredible on their own

That screenshot up there was taken with a basic surprise, no other upgrades but the marines

They're pretty incredible on their own

They are, and not doubting of the 2:1 on flat case scenario but that never happens.

The rounds were nicely played even if out of better knowledge of the Constitution captain.

Puzzles me he ends the combat with so much preparation to spend. Ah well.