Game-Labs Forum

Tired of submitting bug reports, and why I gave this a thumbs down

This game is alpha, yes, and there needs to be a lot of lee way with bugs and glitches, yes. But when you cant even mission without either getting boarded at a higher speed then you can board, or spending 45 minutes of the battle chasing the guy that's supposed to be attacking you, it gets annoying. I am not saying this game is supposed to give players anything, but at least program the npc that are in a mission to FIGHT YOU, not rageboardkite, fight. attack. I can see the boarding, but when you lose your second ship to a 4 knot board, you kinda lose interest. Only other option is to run, and then you're essentially doing the same thing as the npc. I am leaving this game, and my 1/10 thumbs down stands. good luck to those staying, but i highly doubt anything will change except more prime time downtime and a lot more unannounced patches. GL refuses to tell anyone about plans, upcoming changes... or anything for that matter. It would be nice to know more then "server merge" you know... which servers will be merged maybe? but alas, not my problem anymore. If you wonder why it failed, ask those that left. good riddance.

First off, doesn't share plans?  Seriously?  Read the forums.  You obviously don't know what you are talking about on this point.  Anyone who pays attention can give you their plans.  And supposedly the next content patch is only 10 days away.

Second, AI can't board you if you or they are going over 3.5 knots.  Know that for a fact, it is the same as a player or AI. 

Third, yes the AI do cheat on other things and the AI is frustrating.  But, it is AI.  Fight people.

• Like 3

*snip*

You know, there's a pretty simple solution to when one of the AI ships (not traders, but warships) chooses to run: turn the other way. You don't have to run, but sail perpendicular to him or away from him, and you'll force him to bring the fight to you. If you won't go on offence, then he has to. When he closes within range again, nail him. If he breaks off again, rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Arvenski

You know, there's a pretty simple solution to when one of the AI ships (not traders, but warships) chooses to run: turn the other way. You don't have to run, but sail perpendicular to him or away from him, and you'll force him to bring the fight to you. If you won't go on offence, then he has to. When he closes within range again, nail him. If he breaks off again, rinse and repeat. 

Just deactivate the stern guns of the AI bot and that will solve most of the issue.

The reason why they "run away" from you is because after a broadside, they try to hit you with their stern gun. In order to do so they obviously have to show you their rear and therefore they head in another direction.

You'll often witness that they tend to ram you or get very close if you're slightly in front of them or run away if you're slightly behind them after their first broadside.