Game-Labs Forum

Kernel Drive Issues

Lecner

Hello, 

I've been having this issue over and over again with the game. Sometimes i can play a whole day without having any problems, and sometimes it crashes every 5 minutes.

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 364.72 stopped responding and has successfully recovered. 

I contacted NVIDIA but since this is the only game that is causing the issue, after troubleshooting didn't work there was nothing they could do. Anyone else having this issue? I've sent the crash reports since the beginning but its been months and still nothing and this is making the game very unbearable. 

I'm having a very similar problem. It's always when I'm in a battle which makes it much worse than if it was just open world. The entire computer will freeze and if I'm lucky it will say that my Radeon video driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Even if this happens the game will be totally frozen and have to be restarted. Probably half the time the it just crashes my computer and stops sending data to the monitors and the computer has to be restarted. I have disabled all of my audio drivers and it still crashes. This is agonizing because I am very close to ranking up and now I am afraid to try a mission and have it crash my computer.

Try turning off V Sync and setting your power management mode to max in your 3D settings if you have a NVIDIA. That did help lots of pple that had similar issues so it might help you too. I tried all and i still get the issue :( im probably be leaving the game soon if it persists. 

I'm having a very similar problem. It's always when I'm in a battle which makes it much worse than if it was just open world. The entire computer will freeze and if I'm lucky it will say that my Radeon video driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Even if this happens the game will be totally frozen and have to be restarted. Probably half the time the it just crashes my computer and stops sending data to the monitors and the computer has to be restarted. I have disabled all of my audio drivers and it still crashes. This is agonizing because I am very close to ranking up and now I am afraid to try a mission and have it crash my computer.

Captain, could you check the GPU temperature with a program like GPU-Z once freezes happen?

It did not work

Please, try to limit Battle and Open World FPS to 30 or 15 FPS in graphics settings

The GPU temp wasn't very high any time it happened. The highest temp I saw was no more than 60 degrees C. I'm running a Radeon R9 380 crossfired with a R9 270. The problem has only started just recently. The game has been running great for me since it launched on steam until a few days ago, about the time of the last patch.

The GPU temp wasn't very high any time it happened. The highest temp I saw was no more than 60 degrees C. I'm running a Radeon R9 380 crossfired with a R9 270. The problem has only started just recently. The game has been running great for me since it launched on steam until a few days ago, about the time of the last patch.

Some graphics issues had been solved by turning crossfireX off, please could you try to check it?

I fully removed the 270 and was able to do one mission fine. The next one crashed my game and display driver. The GPU temp was 63 degrees C.

Captain, could you try to clean re-install the GPU drivers (completly deleting the old ones firstly), even try an old driver, if the problem persists on the latests ones. Also limit Battle and Open World FPS to 30 or 15 FPS in graphics settings.

This is clearly some compatibility issue. I reinstalled windows again even though i did it a month ago and the error was still present and it still is. Hopefully the next update will fix it

Captain, what is your character name? Or could you attach dxdiag?

Here are the files, my ingame name is Lecner Ajax. Let me know if you need anything else and thanks for the help!

Captain, there might be some issues between integrated gpu (Intel® HD Graphics 4600) and external GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M), I can not give you gurantee workaround (since it might be an issue about notebook model - check this as example), but:

1) make sure to update (or clean install) the latest drivers for both Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GTX870, check if the issue is solved.

2) go to NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D settings->Program Settings and make sure Naval Action use Nvidia, check.

3) if the problem is still there, try to play under HD Graphics 4600 with less perfomance.

In the worst case, the issue could be also linked to windows 8.1 (instead of win7 or win10)

I am having the same problem Lencer.  The Game will play for 15 minutes to an hour and then the video driver will crash.  It only happens in Naval action.   The problem started about 2 weeks ago.

​OS: Windows 10 pro x64
​CPU: 2500K
​1x GPU:evga GTX 770 4GB with latest drivers

​I use SpeedFan to watch the Temps.   60 - 70C on GPU. 
I have used Msconfig to turned off anything running in the back ground.  
​I disabled the Nvidia HD audio.  that did not help.

​I have NOT set the 2 exe files to compatibility mode but will try that when I get home.

​Just as a side note I use Panda free as my Anti virus.    I will remove that tonight just to make sure that is not messing with it.

Edited by LordAlexander

I will try that but it really is puzzling me that this is the only game that is giving me issues. I changed antivirus thinking that could be too and after trying with AVAST, Avira and Nortons, i wtill got the issue so i dont think the antivirus is the problem here. 

I have been having the same problem for the last 2 weeks, my setup is :- i74770k, z87m+ mb, xfx R9 380 graphics running win10 x64. I lowered fps to 30 then 15 but still had the same problem, i went into bios to dissable hyperthreading but noticed that the mobo was in powersave mode instead of normal mode where it was previously set, i reset to normal and have been free of crashes for 2 days. fingers crossed thet was the prblem on my nachine, hope this helps others.