Game-Labs Forum

Raw Idea on Exploration and Colonization

Howdy All

Ive been pkaying with this idea to make the economy system more immesive and have a greater impact on the game as we know it, at the moment we just start the game with the desinated ports that have been setup, this is just a raw idea to see what others think.

Starting conditions.)

All nations start with their capital and possible 2 other ports, they then start the game of discovery, all other ports are called settlements and are neutral and havent been developed, players head to that settlement and claim for their nation, these settlements are very basic and need to start developing infrastructure to help support more things later on, building a harbour to support outposts, hauling bricks for housing to help build the population to allow crew hiring and much more, by creating this aspect it will bring more traders to ports to help develop them and create a sort of ownership with all the investments, the more taxes on the port infrastructure the more it can be used to develop roads, forts and army features.

For the map i was considering an old favorite style from a game called Corsairs back in 2000 and their style was a paper map with just the islands charted out but we had no idea of know what was on them till you sailed passed and discovered how many ports might be there and whos port it was, once you had discovered the port it was plotted on the map and the paper map started turning into a proper map.

Im writing this on the ipad while driving the tractor so i cant go into to much more detail but if anyone want to expand on the idea feel free.

• Like 4

i'm wondering if this might finally be the explanation of bizarre crop circles being reported in your part of australia???

p.s. REALLY like the idea

Good concept.

In regards to writing on an iPad while driving a tractor, that normal for them.

i'm wondering if this might finally be the explanation of bizarre crop circles being reported in your part of australia???

p.s. REALLY like the idea

All i need to do is click a button and the gps steers the tractor, I'm just on it to post crazy economic ideas like this and make sure it doesn't crash into anything, cant trust technology sum times :)

This interesting aspect with colonisation is that we will know what high priority ports are and it will give other clans or groups of players a chance to invest and own ports and develop them to their choices, they can jump into their port battle instances and get a feel for their posts and gain a home ground advantage so to speak, put forts and towers where they find them most affective, the possibilities are endless.

Took me a little longer to complete this post as the GPS lost signal so i had to steer the big girl :P

I like the idea of players being responsible for taking towns that are basically nothing and building them into something useful, but you'd almost have to taper it off somehow so that after a certain point, further investment wouldn't grow the town much

otherwise wouldn't there be a potential for players to just build up massive production towns near their capitals and never really interacting with other factions?