Game-Labs Forum

Captured by friendly player while disconnected

hrmmm - difficult one perhaps

my initial thought was 'you lost conn, your ship got sunk/captured' - with my rubbish connection this has happened top me several times

so if he was in a 1v1 battle he would have lost the ship period

and then i think 'was his ship cap'd by green on green mechanics, which are against the rules'

if so this presents a problem if we say it's ok, because future green vs green abuses can be answered with a simple 'i thought they had lost conn' (screenshots could disprove this, but hopefully you get my point

so perhaps the first things to determine would be:

1. was the ship captured using green vs green mechanics (technically an enemy could have cap'd the ship first, and then it was re-cap'd by the friendlies?

2. is cap'ing a green ship allowed if you believe that the captain had lost conn?

3. what if the captain reconnects in the middle of being boarded by friendlies?

this makes things messy in my opinion, but figuring these out first might help us answer the tribunal in a more objective manner

You know, for someone who shows off an M16 in their avatar pic - you sure make a lot of mellow, sensible suggestions. :rolleyes:

I capped a teammates Trinco when he DC'd - and gave him back a much nicer 5 dura one - oh my

The only thing the guy did was to re-capture a ship already taken by enemy (automatic surrender after DC). He did nothing wrong and your only chance how to get your ship back is to come into agreement with the guy who captured it. 

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the summary is roughly:

You dc'd -> AI boarded and captured you -> greens recapped your ship?

Just to clarify as well, allies cant just sail up to you and start boarding you. Regardless of what they did, you died in that battle and your ship was lost anyways. The only result is that they managed to retrieve if for themselves.

In that last act, there is nothing objectionable.

Unless i have missed something, i will close this tribunal. If i have missed something, message me in private and we can discuss it.(if needed, this will be reopened.)