Game-Labs Forum

Setup of PC

Hendrik Van Der Dekken

Let me begin by saying sorry if this is posted in the wrong location, it was the best I could find.

I'm buying a new PC with a meager budget of £400 which is $566 according to google. I have found a computer which is within these requirements and will proceed to by said computer should it run Naval Action to a satisfactory grade.

I have saved the link to the exact specifications I have selected, may I politely request that someone reviews this setup and delivers a verdict on whether or not they think it is a suitable computer setup in which to run the game.

I myself have had a browse over the Steam requirements and recommend setup and have found no fault with it, I merely ask for a more observing eye to pick out faults or confirm it is good to go.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-kinetic-f1-amd-fm2-configurable-micro-atx-ddr3-gaming-pc-fs-151-og.html#t=a2d1i0

Thankyou,

Hendrik Van Der Dekken

I would recommend a better CPU if possible, other than that it should run OK as it is.

Maybe try and save up another 200£ and go for an i5 system that would last you longer.
A motherboard that supports ddr4 ram and stuff like that.

Im in the process of buying a PC now aswell with a budget of around 700€.
Went for an i5-6500, 8gb ram and gtx950 all compatible with the stuff coming out this year so that it will last as  long as possible, gonna stuff more ram in when I can, then depending on how prices fluctuate I change the CPU or GPU.

• Like 1

I wouldn't waste that much money on that garbage. Honestly for $320 you can have AMD8core CPU+16GBram+Mobo, save few more hundreds and get Video Card+Case+Power Supply with total $500-700. You will curse your purchase when you will find out you can only run Naval Action on low with 25 FPS. On Low-Med Settings - Game looks like crap. So, save more money and get decent build unless you want to play Atari. 

Right got it, think I'll go for this for now with maybe a greater cpu as suggested by shaved. Thankyou all for you replies, they were most useful. I shall maybe save a little more before any purchases as well.

Again, thankyou all, I appreciate the time you all put into this community and its integrity, its people like you that make games great.

With great appreciation,

Hendrik Van Der Dekken

• Like 1

I wouldn't waste that much money on that garbage. Honestly for $320 you can have AMD8core CPU+16GBram+Mobo, save few more hundreds and get Video Card+Case+Power Supply with total $500-700. You will curse your purchase when you will find out you can only run Naval Action on low with 25 FPS. On Low-Med Settings - Game looks like crap. So, save more money and get decent build unless you want to play Atari. 

I would not reccomend an AMD CPU if you buy a pc for this game simply due to the very poor IPC of AMD cpus, id say go for an i5 as it is generally(with some heavily multi threaded tasks(so not gaming...) being the exception) a better performer

• Like 1